The incident

Previously on Strength and Adapting......

We laid in each others arms. "Can we play 20 questions?" I looked up and nodded. "Okay. Whats your favorite animal?" He started looking into my eyes. "Tiger." I thought of a question. "What is your favorite movie?" He laughed. "Love actually." He loved chick flicks. "Chick flicks huh?" He nodded. "Who is your favorite actor and actress?" I was excited for this question. "Daniel Radcliff and Emma Watson!" He laughed at my excitement. "Who's your favorite superhero?" I asked. "Iron man. Who is your favorite supervillan." He asked. "Loki. Duh!!!" He smiled. "Why did you choose me?" He looked at me. "Because, you're beautiful." I blushed. "Why do you have to be so beautiful?" My breath caught in my throat. "I don't know." He smiled and put a strand of my hair behind my ear. "You're beautiful because, you have the most amazing personality, you have that spark in your eyes. Because god made you like this." I blushed and hid my face in his chest. I felt the vibration of his chuckle. "Its true." I kissed his chest.
------------------
Sophie's POV

I woke up early in the morning and started to get ready for school. Since the school is closer I can walk today. Smiley had to leave early for some track practice. Let me tell you this, she is a fast runner. I grabbed the spare keys and locked the door. I started walking. "Hey. Wait up!" I looked back and saw a girl my age running towards me. "Hi. I'm Gemma. I need help getting Richardson High School." I smiled. "Thats where I'm headed right now. I go there. I'm Sophie!" I said hugging her. "We are going to be really good friends."

I walked into the school and Luke came up to me giving me a kiss. "Who's this?" He smiled at her. "This is my friend Gemma. Gemma this is my boyfriend Luke." He shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you." He smiled. "Hey man. We were going play some basketball. Wanna come?" Ashton asked walking up. His eyes fell on Gemma and he smiled. "Oh, well hello there." He winked at her and she blushed. He was using Luke as a arm rest. Luke moved away and he tumbled to the ground. We all laughed. Ashton glared at Luke. "Come on lets go play some basket ball."

"Hey Sophs!" Smiley came and hugged me. "Hey sis! Hey Harry." He hugged me. "Hey Sophie." Gemma nudged me and smiled. "Oh yeah! Smiles, Harry. This is Gemma! Gemma. This is my older sister and her boyfriend." Gemma gave her a hug. "Its nice to meet you." Smiley chuckled. "You too Gems. Is it okay if I call you that?" She nodded. "Well, welcome to the family." Smiley greeted. "Well I gotta go to cheer. I'll see you guys later." We waved as they both walked away. "Okay. So what is your first class?" She handed me her schedule. "Hey I have IPC too!" I said excitedly. "Oh thank god!"

Gemma was in most of my classes. She started to talk to Ashton. They would seriously be cute together. "Hey. This our last class. Do you want to walk home together?" I pouted. "Sorry Gem. I can't. I have to stay after school for some tutouring." She smiled and hugged me. "Its fine. I understand." The bell rang and she started to leave when Ashton stopped her. "Do you want to walk together?" She looked at me and I gave her a thumbs up. "Yeah sure." She laughed. They walked out together. After about 2 more hours of being school, I started to walk home. I felt as if someone was following me, but when I looked back there was no one there. I just sighed and started walking again.

"Hey bitch." I turned around and I was punched, I couldn't see who they were. They just kept punching and kicking me. I kept screaming in pain. Before I blacked out, I saw her face.

Smiley's POV

"Babe, she should have been home by now." I paced around the room. Harry was there with me. She was an hour late and she's never this late, ever! "Lets go look for her." I said grabbing my sweater. We started walking the trail of the school. "Sophie!" I yelled out. "Sophie!!!!" We kept a slow pace and kept an eye out. "Isn't that her back pack?" I nodded and ran towards it. "Sophs!!! Where are you?!" Tears started to form in my eyes. She's my little sister, my life, my bff. I can't lose her. "Over there." I looked towards the alley way. "Sophie!!!!!!!!!" I screamed as I fell to my knees, next to her, sobbing. She was laying in a pool of blood. She had bruises everywhere over her body and she was unconscious. "Hello. Yes I need an ambulance here urgently!" Harry gave the address to the hospital. They arrived an a few minutes. "How are you related to Sophie?" One of them asked. "Im her step sister. Please I need to be there for her." He nodded and me and Harry in with her.