The Track Meet

Previously on Strength and Adapting......

He stood next to me, with his hand on my thigh. "You look hot focused on your art." I squirmed in my seat as his hand went higher. I pushed his hand off. "Harry. Stop it." I whispered. He chuckled lowly against my ear. My stomach fluttered. "Hazza." He stopped but kept his hand on my thigh. I picked a bad day to wear shorts.

After school Harry and I headed to the hospital. "Hey little sis." Sophie immediately perked up. "Smiley!!!" I hugged her and kissed her cheek. "I heard what happened." She said looking at her hands. "I'm sorry." I laughed. "What the hell are you sorry about?! No one messes with my little sister and when they do it doesn't end very well." She smiled and held on to my hand tightly.

Harry's POV

"Hey Kitten. Ready to go get Sophie?" Smiley comes out dressed in purple shirt with a leather vest over it. She had a black snapback with purple letters that say smile, her black jeans with black and purple Jordans. She looked amazing. She grabs her back pack and keys. "Yeah, I'm ready." She smiles. She was so captivating. Her brown hazel eyes, her dark brown hair, her perfectly shaped lips, that one dimple on her right cheek, her smile. "Hello? Earth to Hazza." I broke out of her trance as she waved her hand in my face. "Yeah lets go." She intertwined our hands as we walked out.

My life so far here in Dallas, Texas has been hard. People look at me as if I'm a exibit. I miss my family. I miss london. Smiley's word ring in my head. I need to gain strength and adapt. Well I have adapted, I just need strength to keep me and everyone I love safe. "Lets puts some music on, shall we?" I nod and she puts a CD in her player. A song I don't know comes on. "I wanna feel your every thing, I wanted more than the same routine, we both know, we've gone too far again." She sang. She had a beautiful voice. "What is this song?" She looks at me. "It's We The Kings and The Princess. Its called Die young or live Forever." I nodded. "Callie and her band are really good." The next song leaves me in shock. It was her voice. I look at her, she was about to change it, but I stopped her. "And oh, our angels soar, ready for war, my heart is your, lead this march for more, the arrows fly, the eagle dies, but our voices rise. Lets chase the sun into its grave, our Phoenix hearts our rising in flames. Lets chase the stars across the sky, and burn our names into the night. Lets light up the night." I smile at her. "This is amazing. I didn't know you record yourself." She just shrugges. "Its not my music. I was singing Callies. She recorded me. I have my own songs though." She explains. "It helps me get over stress."

We get to hospital and head to Sophie's room. "Hey Sophs. Let me just go sign the papers and then we can go home." Smiley said putting her back down. "Okay." She leaves the room and goes to the first desk. "How are you feeling Sophie?" I asked. "I feel better. I just want to get out of here." She groans. I laugh. "I know how you feel." Smiley walks back in. "Okay you can get ready to leave." Sophie rushes to the bathroom to get ready. Smiley laughs and sit down next to me. "Smiles." She hums in response. "Can you help me with strength?" She looks up at me. "Yeah. Of course." I smile and kiss her lips. She smiled into the kiss. "When do we start training?" I mumble against her lips. She pulls away. "Today actually." I pout and bring her lips back to mine. "Okay. When we get home." I answered back. Sophie clears her throat. "Alright. Lets go!" Smiley says pointing to the door and walking out. "Smiles..... Thats the bathroom door." She comes back out and goes to the door toward the front desk. We follow her to her car laughing.

We get home and Sophie goes straight to her room and to bed. I go to my apartment and change into some work out clothes. I hear a knock at my door. I open it to see my beautiful girlfriend with her dog Snow. She was wearing a sports bra with some yoga pants. Her hair up in a ponytail. "Ready?" She ask. "Yeah. I'm ready." We walk out of my apartment. "Okay first up is the warm up. We are going to run a mile or two, but first we have to stretch so we don't pull a muscle." I nod and start stretching. "Okay. We are ready to run." She takes her dog off his leash and he remains where is. I hold my hand out for her to take. She happily intertwines our hand and we start our run. Snow was in front of us. She lets go of my hand and runs ahead of me at her pace. She was a fast runner. She starts to slow down and go at my pace. "Sorry I'm used to going fast." She laughs. I nod. She kept her pace at the same pace as me. We stop in front of a gym. I catch my breath. Smiley passes me a water bottle.

We enter the gym. I was grateful that it was empty. "Okay next we are going to do push ups, sit ups, bench press, treadmill running, and lifting weights, oh and some boxing." My eyes widened at all the things she said. "We really to do that?" She nods. "Its my regular routine." She laughs. We start with 50 push ups and sit ups and 30 reps on bench press, and let me tell you this, this girl is strong! We end with lifting weights.

"Okay boxing!" She yells excitedly. "I love boxing." She grabbed some gloves and hands them to me, and grabs some for her self. We go to some punching bags. She shows me how to stand. "That way you wont get tired very fast and won't have to use to much force." She explains demonstrating. She looked so sexy. "Okay?" I snap out of my trance and nod. "Alright. Come on, I will do it with you." We both start punching the punching bag. After we were done we ran back to the flats. I was about to head into my flat when she stopped me. "Strength isn't your body strength. Strength is not letting anything get to you. Strength is ignoring all the negative vibes and focusing on the positive." She explains. "So why did we do that?" I asked. "Well thats when I train anyone about strength." She laughs. "Oh by the way. I have a track meet tonight." I nod and head inside. I jump into the shower and get refreshed. I got out and slipped oh a black t-shirt with black skinny jeans. I tie a bandanna on my head and spray some cologne. I head to the school for the track meet.

I sit on the benches with the guys and girls. I search the field for Smiley. I spot her, stretching before she runs. She stands up and scans the benches till she meets my eyes. She smiles and waves. "Okay all runners on the starting line." She lines up with the others. They give the signals and they all start to run. She ran as fast as she could. She was in front of all the girls. "Go Smiles!!!!" I yell. Everyone starts cheering her on. "She can do it!" Sophie yells. There was a girl catching up, but she picked up the pace. She made it to the end. "Yes!!!!!!!!!!" I yell. I run down to her and pick her up and twirl her around. I kiss her lips. "You did it." She laughed and nodded. They put her medal around her neck. "Thats my girl." I smirk kissing her again. She went and changed quickly before coming back to me.

"Lets go celebrate." Callie came up. Everyone nodded in agreement. "But I'm to tired!" Smiley whined. "Fine. How bout tomorrow?" Liam suggested. "Yeah tomorrows is a great idea." She agrees. "Well I'm headed home." She yawns. "Come stay with me." I whisper in her ear. I feel her tense. "Well Sophie is staying at Gemma's, so why not?" I nod. I take her hand and lead her to my car. I opened the door for her. "Thank you my good man." She said in a posh accent. I just laugh and start driving. She quickly grabs some clothes from her flat and comes to mine.

"What do you want for dinner?" I ask her. "Surprise me." She smirks sitting on the counter. I take out some salmon and cut it into flat pieces. I season it with lemon pepper and olive oil. I set out the skillet and start grilling it. I cover it and walk up to Smiley. I stand in between her legs. "You did amazing today." She smiles. "Thank you. You did great working out." I flex my muscles. "Oh did I now." She laughs and nods. "You should come with me. I go three times a week." She said yawning. "You are so tired aren't you now?" She nods and yawns again. "Stop it. You're gonna make me yawn." I whine. "Uh babe. The fish." I quickly get it out before it burns. We both eat our food and I lead her to my bedroom. "Wow. You're cleaner than I thought." She said clearly impressed. "Well I don't really like messes." She chuckles and lays down. I bring her into my chest. "So you will teach me how to gain my real strength?" I looks at her. "Yes I will." Her eyes slowly close as she falls into deep slumber.

-----------------------

I hope y'all liked it. Leave a comment if you did. I love you guys and go follow these girls!!!!

Horans_Lovexoxo
sprinkle_of_roses
iheartcali1026
iloveanima
wishIwasIrish_
OliviaNouisx

Go follow them and read their books!!!!