Chapter 2

Fury was angry. The tesseract had been stolen from right in front of him and he failed to stop Loki. After the fall of the S.H.I.E.L.D base he had started to band together a bunch of people that he thought could stop Loki. They were called the Avengers. 

Charlie had been inside the helicarrier all night. She had slept in one of the spare bedrooms that normally housed S.H.I.E.L.D agents. She was now sat at a large glass table, feet up, waiting for the Avengers to arrive. She had been given the files on all of the people that were supposed to be arriving shortly.

Firstly, was Ironman. Or Tony Stark, which was his name behind the mask. Of course Charlie knew who Stark was. His name was plastered all over the city. He was New York's resident billionaire. The file contained little information about Stark, only enough to briefly understand his backstory.

Next was Captain America aka, Steve Rogers. His story was incredible because no human should have survived 70 years in the ice. Then again, he was enhanced. The file explained the mission that was Steve's last, it had involved the tesseract. This meant that Steve knew about the thing that had just turned the S.H.I.E.L.D base into rubble.

Dr Banner was also an interesting case. He tried to recreate the super soldier serum that had turned Rogers into Mr Muscle. This however didn't work out, as he turned into a giant, green rage monster that couldn't be controlled.

Charlie was only given the files for those three, soon to be Avengers. However she did know that there would be a few more agents joining the crew.

"Comfy?"

Charlie looked up and saw her twin staring at her with her arms crossed. Maria had been helping Fury all night trying to look for the tesseract. They had also been joined by an Agent Coulson.

"Just reading about the super secret boyband that Fury wants to make." Charlie threw the three files onto the table and then leaned back in her chair. " And yes, S.H.I.E.L.Ds hospitality is five stars. Would 100% recommend."

Maria scoffed and sat down in the chair opposite." We have more pressing things to worry about," Maria sighed and uncrossed her arms." Rogers and Banner should be arriving any minute. Please don't make them regret agreeing to help us."

Charlie faked a hurt expression," You really think that I'm that unbearable to be around?"

"Do you want an answer to that?" Maria quipped. She then stood up and returned to her place beside Fury.

All of a sudden the hellicarrier started to rise into the air, which told Charlie that Rogers and Banner had arrived. 

A couple of minutes later the doors opened and three people walked through. Charlie could recognise the two in the back as Rogers and Banner, however the women at the front she had never seen before. Her eyes followed the beautiful redhead across the room until she stopped to have a conversation with Fury.

"If you keep staring that intensely at her, you'll drill a hole through her head."

Charlie composed herself and then looked in the eyes of her sister who had a massive grin on her face. "Shut up," Charlie grumbled under her breath. 

The light chatter of the S.H.I.E.L.D agents drifted through the room. Fury gave the order to vanish and just like that they were invisible. 

Fury turned around and nodded at the two men, "Gentlemen." Rogers then walked towards Fury and gave him some money. Charlie didn't know what the money was for but she assumed that it had something to do with the amazed look on Rogers' face. 

"Dr, thank you for coming." Fury then directed at Banner, shaking his hand.

"Thank you for asking nicely." Banner returned. "So... How long am I staying?"

"Once we get our hands on the tesseract, you're in the wind."

"Where are you with that?" Bruce asked looking at the one eyed man for confirmation.

Instead of Fury answering, Coulson, who was down on the next level answered for him, "We're sweeping every wireless accessible camera on the planet, cell phones, laptops. If its connected to a satellite, its eyes and ears for us."

Charlie stopped looking at the man and diverted her attention to the redheaded woman. She was crouched down next to a picture of Barton. She must have known him well. She spoke up and joined the conversation, "Still not gonna find them in time."

Charlie noticed that Rogers was looking between her and Maria, clearly thinking about whether or not he was hallucinating. Fury must have noticed Steve because he spoke up.

"Everyone this is Charlotte Hill, Agent Hill's twin sister."

"It's Charlie." Charlie looked at Fury. All of the eyes were now on her. 

 "She doesn't have a file," Rogers looked at Fury questioningly.

Charlie didn't like how Rogers spoke about her as if she wasn't stood in the room with him. "Firstly, she is stood right here and secondly, she wasn't supposed to be here but that Loki weirdo blew up the building I was in." Charlie stared directly into Steve's eyes. She could see the beautiful redhead smirking at her out of the corner of her eye. This made Charlie get butterflies in her stomach.

Steve seemed satisfied with that answer and nodded his head at Charlie. Banner decided to change the subject, " You have to narrow your field. How many spectrometers do you have access too?"

"How many are there?"

"Call every lab you know , tell them to put their spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition, at least we could rule out a few places. You have somewhere for me to work?"

"Agent Romanoff, show Dr Banner to his laboratory please," Fury ordered the redhead.

"You're gonna love it Doc, we got all the toys."

Charlie watched the redhead walk with Dr Banner out of the room. She looked back into the busy control room trying to find her place in this busy operation. "Nick, where do you want me?" Charlie asked Fury. 

"Go down to the lab and see if Banner or Agent Romanoff need your help." Nick told Charlie not even turning round to face her. "And if you keep calling me Nick then I will make sure everyone at S.H.I.E.L.D calls you Charlotte." 

Charlie could see Maria smirking from next to Fury. "Yes Sir," Charlie said in an overexaggerated manner. 

Charlie set off down the hall on the way to the lab. She was defiantly going to see if the beautiful Agent Romanoff needed her help first.  

A/N- Hope you enjoyed the second chapter. Thank you for reading!!