Chapter 8

The state of New York was destroyed. There was rubble everywhere and people were running around like ants. Chitauri soldiers were clinging to the widows of the buildings and flying around on their hover ships? The overwhelming screams reached Charlie's ears even inside the quinjet. Charlie was astonished at the scene in front of her, and by the looks on the other three people's faces inside the jet, they felt the same. Natasha spoke through her comms, "Stark, were on your three, heading North-East." 

"What, did you stop by for drive-thru? Swing that park, I'm going to lay 'em out for you."

Tony lead a bunch of aliens in front of the quinjet so that Clint and Natasha could shoot them. They flew the jet around, shooting at as many aliens as they could whilst dodging the buildings. Eventually they made their way up to the top of Stark tower to see Thor and Loki fighting. Charlie moved back to her seat and started to get her guns and knifes ready for the battle that she would be apart of. However, Loki shot at the jet which forced Clint to land quicker than they wanted to. 

"Ow," Charlie winced as the jet landed abruptly. 

The four Avengers left the now destroyed jet and gaped at the horrors on the ground. Seeing the destruction up close was much worse. Suddenly a massive flying worm flew through the portal and made an ear-splitting roar.

"Stark, you seeing this?" Steve questioned the billionaire.

"I'm seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?" Charlie looked among the small group around her. 

"I'd think you'd know if Banner was here. You know with the whole big green thing." Charlie spoke to Stark who she could see in the distance.

"Just keep me posted."  

The group of four sprung into action. They started to attack the Chitauri that were stood on the bridge. Charlie started to shoot at the aliens, aiming for the head. Very quickly she realised that she would run out of bullets. Changing so that she was using her knifes, she ran over towards an alien and stabbed it in the head. Unfortunately that grabbed the attention of a group of aliens that were stood near her and they started shooting at her.

"Shit," Charlie grabbed one of the Chitauri's weapons and ran to take cover behind an upturned taxi. The two assassins and the super soldier had all had the same idea. The four of them shielded their heads from the shards of glass that were falling on their heads from the windows. 

Rogers suddenly noticed a group of civilians in danger and turned towards the others. "You think you can hold them off?"

"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure." Hawkeye looked at Steve and nodded his head. 

All of a sudden an alien appeared behind Natasha's shoulder and without thinking, Charlie shot it with the strange weapon in her hands. 

"Holy shit, this thing is awesome." A massive grin appeared on Charlie's face, she was like a child in a sweet shop. 

"Thanks," Natasha laughed at the brunette in front of her. 

"You are very welcome. Normally I would expect something back for saving someone's life but this gun is so cool I don't even care." Charlie stood up and shot at another alien. 

The now group of three shot at the Chitauri that were coming towards them. Natasha had now acquired an alien weapon but Clint still used his arrows. 

It had been a couple of minutes of non stop fighting and Charlie was exhausted. She was sat behind the car the  the two assassins were using as cover.

"Just like Budapest all over again!" Natasha spoke to the man next to her.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently."