Part 3 - Chapter 24

2 months later

Charlie was sat on the porch of a house in the middle of the countryside. She felt incredibly relaxed watching the serene view of nature, without the sounds of the city invading her senses.

After about two weeks of travelling wherever Charlie had wanted, Natasha had brought them here. Clint's family farm.

Charlie was very surprised when Clint's wife had opened the door and two children had been sat in the living room. She had quickly become acquainted with the family, Laura being lovely and instantly welcoming her. The oldest of the Barton children, Cooper, after finding out that she was a twin, was immediately fascinated by her. Lila Barton was sceptical at first, however once Charlie started to play with her she quickly opened up. Clint was happy to see the pair again and was even happier that they had addressed the elephant in the room and finally got together.

"Charlie!" The voice of the youngest Barton sounded through the house. "Charlie!"

Charlie could hear the faint voices of Clint telling Lila to stop shouting and Laura telling her to go and look for her. About 30 seconds later her face appeared around the door.

"Charlie, there you are." Lila went and made herself comfy in Charlie's lap. "Do you want to come and play magic witches with me?"

"What's in it for me?" Charlie smirked at the girl now playing with the laces on her shoes.

"Urm... I don't know." Lila scrunched her face up, trying to think of something.

"I'm just kidding. Who wouldn't want to spend time with that face." Charlie started to tickle her which resulted in Lila letting out a high pitched giggle, making Charlie's heart melt.

Lila managed to wiggle free of Charlie's grasp and started to run. "I bet you can't catch me!" She taunted the brunette.

"Oh. You have started a war mini-Barton." Charlie sprung up from where she was sitting and started to chase the girl. She easily caught up and started to tickle her again, which resulted in more adorable giggles.

Natasha was sat at the kitchen table drinking a beer with Clint. They were both watching her girlfriend playing with Lila, which had now resulted to Charlie running around with Lila on her shoulders.

"You know your girlfriend is really good with kids." Clint spoke up.

"I know. " Natasha didn't take her eyes off Charlie.

"I mean like really good. Look at the smile on my daughters' face. That is pure childhood joy." Clint watched as his oldest child joined Charlie and Lila.

"Clint. We need to hire that woman to look after our kids, she is incredible." Laura had just appeared from the door after having finished helping Cooper with his homework.

"I just said almost the exact same thing to Nat. Charlie is a child whisperer." Clint smirked at the redhead who was still staring out the window.

"Nat, you okay?" Laura seemed to realise that Natasha didn't appreciate their joking.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Natasha took another sip of her beer and turned to look at the two people in the room with her. "I'm good."

"Nat?" Laura asked more sternly the second time.

Natasha sighed and finally started to tell two of her best friends what was wrong. "I can never give her this. I can't have children. Look at her!" Natasha pointed towards the window where Cooper and Lila were both chasing after Charlie. "She would be an amazing mum, and I can never give her that."

"Oh Nat." Laura walked over to Natasha and pulled her into a hug.

"You can always have ours when they are being pains in the ass."