Chapter 35

Maria pov

The engine of the stolen Quinjet buzzed as it flew through the air. Maria stared at the dimming sky, the sun had just started to set.

Maria jumped as her phone started to ring from her bag behind her, interrupting the silence. She put the jet into auto pilot and left her seat. She had a feeling that she knew who it was calling. The only person who would actually care if the ex-deputy director stole a Quinjet from the old S.H.I.E.L.D base.

She answered the phone but stayed silent waiting for the caller to announce themselves.

"What the hell are you doing Hill?" His voice rung out through the silent jet.

"I don't know what you mean." Maria played dumb knowing fully well that he knew.

"Don't play dumb with me Hill. Why are you currently in a Quinjet with the trackers disabled?" His voice sounded tired but annoyed.

"I'm sure you know. Don't you have eyes and ears everywhere Nick?"

Fury sighed heavily. "Just because your sister calls me that, much to my annoyance, doesn't mean that everyone can start doing it." Maria smiled at the impact her sister had on the man. "And no, I don't have eyes everywhere anymore. HYDRA took care of that."

"How did you know about the stolen Quinjet then?" Maria questioned.

"I'm missing one eye not both. I just have to be very selective with when I use it."

"Secretive as ever I see." Maria rolled her eyes at the man.

"You talk too much, people die." Fury spoke back. "Where are you going?"

"Sisterly duties."

"Is she okay?"

"I don't know. Clint told me all he could over the phone and she doesn't sound good." Maria sighed.

"Do you know where they are?" Fury asked.

"I do." Maria answered. "But I know you do as well."

"I do."

"I guess I'll see you there then." Maria hung up the phone and went back to the pilot seat.

-

Natasha was sat at the dining table watching Lila colour in a picture for Charlie once she got back.

Natasha's thoughts drifted back to the conversation that she had experienced in Clint's barn. She couldn't understand why Charlie wouldn't just talk to her like they usually did. They never had big fights, because unlike every teen movie ever, they knew how to speak to each other. She must have experienced something horrific to warrant that reaction.

"Do you think that she'll like it?" Lila interrupted her thinking.

Natasha smiled at the picture. Two women holding hands, one with black hair, the other red. Lila had also drawn herself in the middle of the two with a massive grin on her face.

"She'll love it Lila." Natasha smiled sadly.

Lila ran off to show the picture to her parents.

A tear fell down her face and she quickly wiped it away.

"Are you okay Nat?" Laura spoke from the doorway.

A breathy laugh escaped the redhead's lips. "Allergies."

"Nat." Laura warned and made her way over to the table to sit next to Natasha.

"I'm fine." Natasha brushed off the question.

"Natasha Romanoff. Don't you dare 'I'm fine' me." Laura gave her a disappointed look. "You are clearly not fine. I have only ever see you cry twice and one of those times was watching Up."

"It was a very sad movie."

"Is it to do with Charlie?" Laura redirected the conversation. "Or what that witch made you see?"

"A bit of both." Natasha closed her eyes and was met with flashes of her vision. She quickly opened her eyes and was met with the brown eyes of one of her closest friends. "I think Charlie may have seen worse than me though."

"Where did she go?" Laura inquired.

"I don't know, she just walked of into the woodland after we talked." Natasha sighed. "Well she did most of the talking. Shouting I should say."

"She's upset. You can talk to her properly when she calms down."

"Yeah..." Natasha turned to face the doorway when rushed feet sounded on the stairs.

Clint appeared with Lila right behind him. "A Quinjet has just landed in the field next door."

Natasha shot up and ran to the window. She could only just make out an outline of a person walking towards the house. But, she could recognise that face anywhere.

"It's Maria."

A/N - It has been a while hasn't it. Sorry, college has been swamping me and I just started a new part time job so I literally have no free time. It's only small but it's the best I could get out. Hope you enjoy!:)