Chapter 18

Charlie sat in the corner of a very small café, sipping on the hot drink that she had just ordered. She was waiting for a message from one of her old acquaintances to tell her the whereabouts of her sister. Charlie assumed that the only reason that Maria hadn't made contact on her own was because she didn't know where her twin was or whether she was still alive.

Charlie was wearing Sam's baggy clothing and a baseball hat so that she wouldn't get recognised out in public.

All of a sudden, Charlie heard the text tone of her phone. There was a message from an unknown number. '718-360-3567 All I could find was a number to a burner phone located in New York' Charlie smiled at her phone, finally she could contact Maria.

She dialled the number. The owner of the phone on the other side didn't pick up and Charlie sighed. "Come on Maria, pick up the phone."

Charlie tried to dial the number a few more times but she didn't pick up. "Maria, I swear to God."

Luckily on the fifth time of phoning the ringing stopped and silence followed on the other end.

"Mia?"

"Charlie?"

"Yes it's Charlie you idiot, why didn't you pick up the phone."

"We're in hiding, I thought you were someone trying to kill me."

"Would someone trying to kill you ring you FIVE times!" Charlie whisper shouted down the phone.

"I don't know. Murderers are getting more adamant these days."

"I hate you."

"Ditto."

Whilst Charlie and Maria were arguing over the phone, the news started to play on the TV in the café Charlie was sat in. On the screen Steve, Natasha and Charlie's faces popped up stating that these three people were under arrest and were extremely dangerous. The barista who was polishing some glasses looked up and recognised Charlie's face even with the large cut down one side.

"Oh shit."

"What is it?" Maria snapped out of her argumentative state and was immediately concerned for her twin.

"The barista has just recognised me and she is probably calling the police." Charlie stood up and started to walk quickly out of the café. She had left money on the table for her drink, because she wasn't an animal.

Out in the street she jumped onto the motorbike that she had 'borrowed' and quickly sped off before anyone could follow her. "Where the fuck are you Maria?" Charlie angrily questioned down the phone.

Maria gave her the address and Charlie ended the phone call because driving with one hand on the steering was not a good or safe idea.

-

Charlie parked her bike around the corner of the abandoned building so that she could walk up unannounced. She walked around, trying to check for an entrance or somewhere she could sneak in. After circling the building for 10 minutes she heard a door open behind her.

She froze. However before she could react a familiar voice rang out. "You coming in or are you just gonna stand there?" Charlie turned around to see Maria smirking at her. "If you take any longer you'll let all of the cold air in, it will be freezing inside."

Charlie, having missed her sister immensely, staggered over to her twin and puller her into a strangling hug. "I missed you Mia."