Chapter 26

The game had been going on for around an hour and everyone was now drunk enough to regret it in the morning. Tony was still yet to answer a question and Charlie was very annoyed by it. 

"Now we all know the history of Bruce's ex-partners, it's his turn to spin the bottle." Tony had probably drunk the most out of the group, slurring his words as he spoke.

"Okay, Steve asks..." The second spin landed in front of Charlie. "Twinny."

"I'm too drunk to be angry at the nickname at the moment." Charlie nodded her head at Steve giving him the go ahead to ask his question.

"Because we are still getting used to all this," Steve gestured towards the fact that Charlie was still sat on Natasha's knee. "Tell us three things about Natasha that nobody knows."

Charlie looked at the redhead underneath her to gauge how much trouble she would be in if she answered. If looks could kill, Charlie would have been incredibly dead. "To spare my relationship and my life, I'm going to have to pass." 

The group in front of her groaned, "You're such a simp already. You've only been dating for a couple of months." Tony groaned along with the rest of the group.

"Yup." Charlie leant down and pecked Natasha on the lips. "But I will tell you guys one thing." All the men in the room suddenly became intrigued. "She's brilliant in bed."

Steve, Bruce and Thor all blushed whereas Tony burst out laughing. Natasha slapped Charlie on the arm however, she was smirking at the men's reaction. 

"Well on that note, I think that enough information has come to light and we're all drunk enough to feel like shit in the morning. So lets call it for tonight." Natasha tapped Charlie's leg lightly to encourage her to get up. "We're leaving. Come on Charlie." 

Natasha and Charlie left the boys in the main room and headed of to their shared room.

-

Charlie woke up before Natasha and decided to leave her sleeping. Her head wasn't as bad as she thought it would be after last nights antics. She decided that an hour in the gym would be a good idea so she got changed and headed out. 

About 15 minutes into her workout, Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus started to play through her headphones. The memory of yesterday flooded into her mind.

"Jesus, it's too early for this." Clint appeared through the doors of the gym.

Charlie paused her music and turned to face the lethargic man behind her. 

"Welcome dude. When did you get here?" 

"Just now." Clint sat down on the bench and rubbed his tired eyes. 

"How was everyone with you leaving?" Charlie asked.

"The kids don't like me leaving, but they know I have to work. And Laura is Laura so she knows the importance of what I do." 

Charlie sat down next to Clint, drained from the workout. 

"What song were you listening to?" Clint grabbed Charlie's phone from out of her hand and laughed at the song which was displayed on the screen.  "Wrecking ball, really?"

Charlie laughed along with Clint, "It's a long story." 

"I don't have anything on the schedule, do you?" 

"I will tell you on the way to get some food." Charlie stood up and took her phone out of Clint's hand. "Let's go."

1992

Charlie was asleep when she heard it for the first time. She didn't know what it was and just assumed it was nothing. She fell back to sleep but not before noticing that her twin sister's bed lay bare. Where was she?