Chapter 21

Charlie was sat on a chair watching Natasha gather all of the things she needed for the mission. Natasha by far, had the most dangerous of jobs. She had to be the closest to Pierce, and Charlie wasn't too happy about it. 

"Can't Fury send somebody else?" Charlie pleaded with the redhead.

"You know I'm the only person who can do it. It has to be a woman and they have to have certain skills. I'm the only person who fits." Natasha grabbed the duffle bag full of things she needed and went to stand in front of Charlie.

"Why do you have to be so good at everything?"

"You haven't seen everything." Natasha smirked at  the now blushing brunette. The feeling in the room suddenly transformed into tension. 

Charlie stood up and moved forward a step, meaning that their faces were about 6 inches apart. Both of their breathing started to become more heavy as they inched closer to each other.

"Are you guys ready because..." 

The two Avengers pulled apart at the sudden intrusion.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry. I'll leave..." Steve looked incredibly flustered as he tried to apologise.

"No. Don't worry, I need to go anyway." Natasha smiled at Charlie and then walked through the door in a hurried pace.

"For Fucks sake Steve." Charlie whisper shouted at the super soldier. "Stay here."

Charlie began to walk as fast as she could with her crutches. Turning the corner she could see the red hair of Natasha near the end of the long corridor. "Natasha!"

"Natasha!" Charlie called out to the redhead. "Romanoff, I swear to God if you don't turn around I am going to kill you!"  

Natasha stopped in her tracks and turned around to see Charlie limping down the hallway with her crutches.

"I know this not what it looks like in the movies, it would normally be a lot faster because one of the participants is normally not on crutches." Charlie had to speak quite loud because she was still only halfway to Natasha.

"You're not normal though, are you?" Natasha smiled at the brunette who was getting closer and closer to her.

Charlie stopped about two feet in front of Natasha. "Let's see about that everything shall we." Charlie closed the gap between them and pressed her lips to Natasha's. The redhead's hands immediately went to the sides of Charlie's face so that she could deepen the kiss.  The pair forgot that there were other people around and were just caught in their own bubble. To Charlie, the kiss lasted a lifetime but in reality, only a couple of seconds.

Natasha pulled back an inch so that she could refill her lungs. She rested her forehead on Charlie's and smiled at the incredible woman stood in front of her.

"You were right." Charlie breathing was heavy. "You are good at everything."

Natasha laughed at the woman, "You are something, aren't you?" Natasha grinned at the smile that appeared on Charlie's face. She would never get tired of that smile. "I'm sorry but I really need to go." Natasha hated leaving at this moment, but she had a mission to complete.

"Be careful." Charlie whispered to the redhead.

"I promise." Natasha gave the brunette a peck on the lips.

Charlie watched as Natasha walked away to go and take care of HYDRA. She let the last couple of minutes sink in as she stood their watching the door that the woman she had just kissed had walked through.

Once she had come to her senses, she walked back towards the room Fury had asked her to meet him in. Now it was time for her role in the mission.

-