Chapter 3

The distant voices of Bruce and Agent Romanoff drifted down the hallway as Charlie got closer. She turned round the corner and the interior of the laboratory appeared. It was mostly white but at the back there was floor to ceiling windows that meant you could see all the way down to the sea that they were flying above. The multitude of computers surrounded the edges of the lab leaving a small circle of space in the middle. Romanoff and Banner were engaged in conversation behind one of the computers. 

Charlie coughed to get their attention, "Fury told me to see if you need anything." Charlie looked into the eyes of the redhead. 

"Yeah you can come with me, I need to train anyway and I could use a partner." Romanoff moved away from the computer and started to walk towards Charlie. "If that's okay with you?"

Charlie got lost in her forest green eyes for a second too long because the agent noticed. Romanoff smirked at  Charlie, making her blush. Bruce was watching the whole interaction and smiled at Charlie as she locked eyes with him. 

"You coming," Agent Romanoff called to Charlie as she walked through the door of the lab. Charlie ran after her. 

-

"So, identical twins huh?" Romanoff asked the brunette. "I knew Maria had a sister, but not a twin."

"Nice to know Mia talks about me," Charlie quipped sarcastically. "Makes me feel really loved." 

The redhead laughed and Charlie was taken by surprise at how relaxed and beautiful it sounded. 

"You can tell she loves you and wants to protect you. Did you not see her face when you were talking to Steve earlier? She would have punched him if he said anything out of line." Agent Romanoff turned the corner to what looked like the training room.

"Can I just ask you what your name is? I mean I don't mind calling you 'redhead with pretty green eyes' but I think that might get tiring." Charlie looked at the agent expectantly.

"It's Natasha, but friends usually call me Nat."

"Friends? We've known each other for like five minutes," Charlie laughed.

"You're funny. I like funny people." Natasha walked further into the training room and took of her jacket.

"Noted."

-

"Is this just an excuse to punch the shit out of me?" Charlie was lying on the floor after just being beaten by Natasha. 

"You're good at fighting. Not as good as me, but good." Natasha smirked and offered a hand out for Charlie to grab.

Charlie used Natasha's hand to pull herself up and immediately got into a fighting stance. She made the first move and Natasha dodged it with ease, delivering a punch to her side. Charlie winced at the pain but kept going. She won a few times but Natasha was better. 

Charlie was lying on the floor out of breath while Natasha sat on a bench and drank some water. Natasha got up and grabbed a bottle of water and threw it down to the brunette on the floor. Charlie moved out of the way  just in time as the bottle hit the floor right where her head had been.

Charlie looked at Natasha with a fake offended expression. "Are you trying to kill me?" Charlie got up and walked over to were the bottle had rolled. Sitting on the same bench as Natasha, she opened the bottle and downed the whole thing.

"You really that tired?" Natasha mocked the sweating women beside her.

"You're an Avenger. The only person I've ever fought was the punching bag at the gym. Oh, and don't let me forget Mia. Those fights were brutal." Charlie smiled to herself, remembering the days when her and Maria used to pull each others hair out. "Speak of the devil."

Suddenly Maria appeared in the doorway of the gym. "Are you going to tell me where you learned to fight then?"

"I knew this question was coming. Right where to start." Charlie looked at Maria who had an expectant look on her face. "Well... Around 10 years ago when we were around 11 or 12, I was being bullied at school. These kids would call me names and push me around because I was the strange twin."

"You weren't strange," Maria sighed looking at Charlie.

"Those kids thought I was. They said that I would always hide behind my tough twin sister." Charlie looked at Maria and smiled at her. "You have to admit that you wouldn't let anyone touch me, you have always been the protective one. Anyway back to the story, these kids would torment me everyday and I was to scared to tell anyone about it because I thought that it would make it worse. Eventually I got tired of it and I punched one of them in the face. You remember when I got suspended from school for a week for punching that guy?"

"Yes, I didn't know he had been bullying you." Maria looked at Charlie with a sad expression.

"From that day forward I decided that I wasn't gonna be the weak twin. So I trained myself to fight and use various weapons and I got relatively good and here we are. I don't know how to play the drums, I was going to the gym." Charlie laughed at her comment and looked at Maria. "I know it's not really an impressive story, I didn't get injected with a super serum, I wasn't trained by a super secret organisation, I'm not a God. I did it myself in order to protect the people I love, and it comes in handy when you work at a bar... Shit! I forgot about work, give me a minute." 

Charlie grabbed her phone and ran out of the room. Maria and Natasha sat in silence until Maria started to laugh. "She is still the weird twin."

Natasha laughed at Maria, "You can say that again."

-

Charlie was sat at the same table as before staring at the tablet in front of her. S.H.I.E.L.D had located where Loki was: Stuttgart, Germany. Charlie was watching the live cameras from the Quinjet, as the Avengers had been sent to capture Loki. At the moment Natasha was sat in the pilot seat as Captain America fought Loki in the middle of loads of kneeling people. 

"So what did you mean by various weapons?" Maria had walked over to the table that Charlie was sat at. Fury had obviously heard about the other Hill twin being able to fight, because he had also walked over to the table. 

Charlie placed the tablet down on the glass table and looked up at the 2 expectant faces looking at her. "Urm... Guns, knives, swords, nunchuks. Pretty much anything you can kill a person with, I can use."

Fury looked at Maria with a smile on his face. "I told you she might be useful."

A/N- Thank you for reading this chapter, hope you liked it. If you have any ideas or suggestions that you want to see included let me know.

Question- What's you favourite movie of the MCU?