Chapter 7

Natasha had given Charlie some clothes so that she could help in the battle. Because Charlie was taller than Natasha her clothes were a little small on her, but not enough to notice at first glace. 

The three Avengers and Charlie, wait does this make her an Avenger, walked along the helicarrier. They needed to get to New York, and Charlie assumed the three people around her knew where to get a jet.

"Hold on a minute, does this make me an Avenger?" Charlie voiced her thoughts.

"If you don't die, then I'm sure that Fury would let you join the crew." Barton quipped back.

They walked into a very busy room. It was filled with S.H.I.E.L.D agents doing their jobs. It also housed about ten of the things they needed, jets.

The four of them walked into a jet, "You guys aren't authorised to be here." The young S.H.I.E.L.D agent looked up at them and visibly gulped.

"Son, just don't." Charlie smirked at the Captain's comment and watched as the agent quickly run out of the jet.

-

 Charlie could see how close Natasha and Clint were by their dynamic on the plane, they seemed to be communicating with each other without even speaking. Steve had told them all about what Loki was planning to do and he was now sat down at the back of the jet reading over some files. Charlie was also sat down but further up the jet, she was fiddling with the knives that Natasha had given her. The only sound that she could hear was the soft rumbling of the jets engine

Deciding to break the silence, Charlie stood up and walked towards the front of the jet. She stood in between the pilot and co-pilot's chairs, with one arm resting on each. "So ..."

Natasha and Clint looked up at the brunette and then looked towards each other. "So . . .?" Clint questioned Charlie.

"How long have you known Nicholas?" Charlie asked the two assassins.

"You know he hates it when you call him by his first name." Natasha smirked at the women behind her.

"No he doesn't, he loves it." Charlie countered.

"She's serious. Fury can be scary when he want's to be, don't get on his bad side." Clint joined the conversation.

"I'm already on his bad side. The first ever interaction I had with him was a prank call." Charlie chucked.

"I'm sorry, what?" Clint stared at Charlie with a surprised look on his face. Natasha just looked at her like she wasn't shocked. 

Charlie looked at the man who was waiting in anticipation for the story. "Fine. I knew that Mia worked for a super secret organisation."

"Wait, who's Mia?" Clint interrupted.

"Maria. My twin, that's just what I call her. As a baby I couldn't say Maria properly so I called her Mia, I only call her Maria when I'm around other people." Clint nodded his head in understanding as Charlie continued her story. "Anyway, I knew Mia worked for important people and she never mentioned anything about where she worked or who she worked with. So one day she was visiting me, which she only did a couple times a year because, as you know, she has a busy schedule. She went out for something, I can't remember what, and I took her phone. We have the same face," Charlie looked at the pair with an obvious expression, "so it was easy to get into her phone. I scrolled down the contacts until I saw the name boss and then I phoned him. I can't tell you exactly what happened because Nicholas Joseph Fury said that he would get me arrested." Charlie could see the faint smirks on both of the assassin's faces.

"Come on, you've got to tell us something." Clint begged.

"Urm... Fine, Nick told me something that should have been for Maria and it was highly classified." Charlie smiled.

Natasha giggled at the brunette. "Fury makes sure that everyone identifies themselves when they're on the phone. I wondered why all of a sudden he started to do that. I guess now I know why." 

Charlie bowed at Clint and Natasha, "You are very welcome." Charlie said sarcastically. 

For the next five minutes Charlie laughed with the two assassins at the front of the jet. They were very easy to get along with and Charlie instantly felt comfortable in their presence. Who'd have thought that 48 hours after cleaning up a dirty bar at work, she'd be on a jet with the Avengers, about to fight an army of aliens and a God. Not Charlie.

-

A/N- Thanks for reading this chapter. The next one will be the battle, let me know how you're liking the story so far- Liv