Chapter 9

The rest of the Avengers made their way up to the top of Stark tower to confront Loki. The God was pretty injured because the had had an encounter with the hulk, and it had not ended well by the look of things.

Charlie was relieved that everything had gone to plan. Well nobody had died, so that was a win. The Chitauri had all died once Tony had blown up their ship, which Charlie thought was pretty dumb. Why would you link all of your soldiers lives to one ship, because they could all die when someone blew it up, exactly like the Avengers had just done. Aliens are stupid. 

Once the Avengers had captured Loki, they decided that it would be better if he would be imprisoned on Asgard, because we all know how it went when they tried to keep him on Earth. 

The group was all circled round Thor, as he was getting ready to leave. Charlie was stood in between Natasha and Steve. Natasha had a leather jacket on and honestly looked badass, Charlie didn't need to tell her that though, Natasha knew it already. Steve on the other hand looked like he had just walked out of a sit-com in the 1950's. He had also arrived on an ancient bike that looked like it might literally fall apart any second.

"You alright grandpa?" Charlie teased the super soldier.

"Shut up twinny." Steve retaliated with a smirk on his face.

Charlie whipped her head round to face Natasha and Clint. "Are you fucking kidding me! Did you tell everyone to call me that when I specifically told you not to."

"Yup." Natasha answered and Clint grinned at her side.

Tony, seeing that everyone was teasing Charlie, decided that he had to be involved. "Hey Tweedle dum, you alright over there?"

"Tony," Charlie pointed an accusatory finger and the billionaire across from her. "Don't you start. If you ever call me that again then I will kill you faster than you can say Alice in Wonderland." Charlie glared at Tony and he held his hands up in surrender. 

"Alright, alright. What about Weasley twin, that any better?"

"No."

"Twin from the shining?"

"No."

"Skywalker twin, Luke, Leia?"

"No."

"Sprouse twin?"

"Absolutely not."

 "Last and best one. Jedward?" Stark looked at the brunette who stared daggers at him.

"Stark. Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Charlie stared at the Avengers around her who were all laughing at the interaction. "And you guys can all piss off as well." Charlie leaned against the black car that they drove here in, her arms were crossed and she sulked.

After the Gods had left the group started to disperse. Bruce went with Tony because the science bros wanted some alone time to nerd out. Steve rode off on his incredibly old motorcycle. Charlie didn't know where he was going, however she knew that she would see him soon at S.H.I.E.L.D because that man couldn't stop trying to save the world. Natasha and Clint were heading back to a S.H.I.E.L.D base where Fury was, to continue being agents until the Avengers were needed again. Finally, Charlie didn't know where she was going or what she was doing. She really enjoyed fighting with the Avengers but it was a spur of the moment thing that Charlie didn't expect to happen. Whatever happened she hoped that she would be able to work with the Avengers again, especially Natasha, because she had become friends with the mysterious redhead. 

Charlie got in the back of the car that Clint was driving. Natasha was in the passenger seat and turned around to face her. 

"You going to come and work for S.H.I.E.L.D?" Natasha asked the brunette.

"I don't know," Charlie answered and Natasha frowned. "Working with two agent Hills could be very problematic for you guys." 

Natasha smiled at the joke. "So are you gonna ask Fury?"

"I'll ask him, whether or not he says yes is another matter entirely." Charlie smiled at the two assassins in front of her. "Do you really want me on the team?"

"Yes."

"No"

Clint and Natasha both gave their answers at the same time. Charlie leant forward and tried to smack Barton in the face. "Hey watch out, trying to drive a car here." Clint pushed Charlie's hand away. "I'm sorry but I have spent less than a day with you and you're already driving me up the wall. I don't know how Maria coped for this long, it's exhausting." Clint smirked at the brunette in the back seat, who had an offended look on her face.

"Don't listen to Barton, he's a pain in the ass. Look, you saved my life today and anyone who can do that and fight as well as you can would make a good agent. So Fury would be stupid not to allow you to become an agent." Natasha looked at Charlie and smiled.

"Jeez, you've never said anything that nice to me," Clint wined. 

 "That's because you're a pain in the ass." Natasha punched Clint in the arm.

"Ow."

"Wow, that was really moving. I didn't know you loved me that much, it brought a tear to my eye." Charlie laughed at Natasha's angry reaction to her comment. "Shit, that means I'm going to have to quit my job. My boss is going to send a hitman after me. He already hates me." 

The three Avengers joked and made fun of each other on the whole ride back to the S.H.I.E.L.D. The atmosphere in the car was pleasant and enjoyable. Yeah, Charlie could get used to this. Also spending more time with her sister was another big win of becoming and agent. Fury was going to have to get used to having her around, if he said yes that was.

-

When Charlie spoke to Fury about her future with the Avengers, Fury let her train to become a S.H.I.E.L.D agent on one condition. She never called him Nicholas again. However, Charlie liked to break rules.

A/N- Thanks for reading this chapter. I really enjoy writing the banter between Charlie and the other Avengers. You can be sure that they will continue to make twin jokes about her. :) <3