Chapter 29

When the Avengers landed at Stark tower (now known as Avengers tower) Clint was immediately rushed off to get his wound sorted out. Dr. Cho was in charge of the medical part that Charlie had no idea about.
Maria walked into the room, smiling at Charlie and heading towards Steve and Tony who had remained in the jet.
Natasha had followed the injured archer, which meant the Charlie was close behind.

"Are you sure he's gonna be okay?" Natasha was stood staring at the machine Clint had been placed in sceptically. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together."

Charlie laughed at the redhead's comment which received a warning look from the archer on the table.

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The Nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacra." Dr. Cho reassured.

"I'm just going to pretend that I understood what you just said." Charlie added.

Natasha smiled at the twin and sat down on her lap, kissing her on the temple.

"She's creating tissue." Banner tried to clear up the confusion.

Charlie still didn't really understand how the machine worked. "So much clearer Bruce, thank you." Bruce didn't pick up on the brunette's sarcasm and smiled sweetly at her.

"If you brought him to my lab the Regeneration Cradle could do this in 20 minutes." Cho explained.

"Oh, he's flat-lining. Call it. Time?" Tony walked in holding four green drinks.

"No, no, no, I'm going to live forever. I'm going to be made of plastic." Barton laughed as he was handed a drink from Stark.

"You'll be made of you, Mr Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." 

"I don't have a girlfriend." Barton denied.

The two women that did in fact know the truth just smirked at each other. Technically he was telling the truth. He had a heavily pregnant wife, not a girlfriend.

"That I can't fix." 

Tony only had four drinks which meant that the girlfriends in the corner had to share. Fortunately for Natasha, Charlie had taken one sip and almost thrown up, so gave Natasha the remainder of the green sludge.

"This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust." Cho had pulled out a tablet to, what Charlie assumed, check on Clint's progress.

"That is exactly the plan." Tony reassured the doctor. "And, Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday." 

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." She seemed to think about if for a second. "Will Thor be there?" Charlie tried to hold in her laughter at the doctor, having to bury her face in Natasha's side to control herself.

Once Dr. Cho had finished, Natasha and Charlie helped Clint back to his room and the proceeded to head back to theirs.

-

Once Saturday had rolled around everyone started to get ready for Stark's party. Charlie had decided on a maroon suit with a black shirt underneath and was currently walking towards the party. The music could be heard from everywhere inside the tower and Charlie could feel the faint bass vibrations from her room.

Natasha had told her to meet her at the party when she arrived, but she was engaged in a conversation with Rhodey which she didn't want to disturb. Instead she saw Sam and Steve playing a game of pool and decided to head over.

"Damn girl, you look good." Sam whistled as she walked over.

"Thanks Tweety Bird. You don't look to bad yourself." Charlie hugged the man.

"Nice to see you Charlie. You look a little less broken than when I saw you last." Sam smiled at his joke.

"I've been watching out for any falling buildings, and so far so good." Charlie turned her attention to the super soldier watching their interaction. "So Steve, you winning?"

Charlie went on to beat both of the men at pool which they were quite surprised about.

"How are you so good at that?" Sam stood with a disbelieving look on his face.

"I worked in a bar for a couple of years and I got a lot of very drunk men trying to get free drinks. They would make a bet of them beating me at pool so I had to be good otherwise I wouldn't have gotten payed." Charlie bent down and proceeded to pot two balls with one shot.

"Never again." Sam gave his pool cue to someone else waiting for the table.

"I've got a girlfriend to find so I'll see you around Tweety." Charlie handed off her cue as well and smiled at the annoyed look on Sam's face.

"See you around Twinny."

A/N - This chapter would have been the full party but my uterus decided against me writing so you will get a Pt.2 soon. Hope everyone has had a good couple of weeks :)