Chapter 30

Natasha was now situated behind the bar, handing out drinks. As Charlie approached Natasha had her back turned and was grabbing something from a fridge behind her. The brunette sat down on a bar stool and smiled at the sight in front of her.

"You should stop staring. It's rude." Natasha spoke up, a teasing tone could be heard in her voice.

"How'd a nice girl like you wind up working in a dump like this?" 

"Girl done me wrong." Natasha played along.

"You got a lousy taste in women, Romanoff." Charlie accepted the drink that Natasha had poured for her.

"She's not so bad." Natasha smirked. "Well, she has a sarcasm problem and masks her pain with humour but deep down, she's all fluff." Charlie blushed with embarrassment. "Fact is, she's not like anybody I've ever known."

"In a good way?" Charlie questioned.

"All my friends are fighters. They fight because that is who they are. And here comes this girl, only fighting to protect the ones she loves. Selfless to the core. She could have had a normal life, but here she is fighting because others fight."

"She sounds amazing." Charlie smiled.

"She's also a huge dork. Chicks dig that." Natasha inched closer to the brunette's face. "So what do you think? Should I fight this, or run with it."

"Run with it, right? Or did she... Was she... What did he do that was so wrong to you?" Charlie stammered at the now close proximity to her girlfriend.

"Not a damn thing. But never say never." Natasha smirked and walked away. Charlie's eyes glued to her as she made her way over to the seating area again.

"It's nice." Steve had appeared to the left of Charlie.

"What is?" Charlie was still staring at Natasha as she sat talking to Clint.

"You and Romanoff." Steve smiled at the fact that she hadn't looked at him once. "And Sam told me to tell you that you and Natasha are "Couple goals" whatever that means."

Charlie turned to face Steve at the mention of Sam and laughed when the term couple goals left the super soldiers mouth. "I can tick 'watch Steve Rogers saying couple goals' off my bucket list, thank you for that."  

"I have no idea what it means but I'm happy it made you happy." Steve smiled at the brunette's delighted face.

"It made me very happy Grandpa, thank you." Charlie patted Steve on the back and headed in the direction that her girlfriend had just walked to.

-

Most of the Avengers had accumulated into the sitting area in the tower. Natasha was sat with Charlie's legs laying over her, the brunette having taken her shoes off. Maria and Clint were sitting opposite them, Clint twirling drum sticks around in his hand. Rhodey had also joined them and he was sat in the middle of the others. Dr. Cho was also asleep on one of the couches, the alcohol having taken its toll. 

"But it's a trick." Clint says, referring to Thor's hammer, which was sat on the table in front of them.

"No, no, it's much more than that." Thor hands Steve another one of his Asgardian drinks.

"Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power." Clint gestured dramatically towards the hammer.

"Or she." Charlie whispered to Natasha, which earned a smirk.

"Whatever man, it's a trick." Clint laughed.

"Please, be my guest." Thor offered to the archer.

The room when silent as everyone waiting for Clint to take the offer.