Blast From The Past

I sat on my bed staring at my bedroom door in anxiety.

I shouldn't be standing here, I thought. Cole will be here any minute.

Monday morning finally came and I was stalling. I should've been downstairs ten minutes ago.

What should have been a great day was being ruined by my anxiety. I had been talking to Andrew on the phone all night and we agreed to make our relationship official. Of course, I couldn't focus on that because of the thought of my impending doom.

I was being ridiculous, really. I was just terrified by the thought of facing Rebecca. I mean, she could just walk up and claw my eyes out. I knew she wasn't going to just leave me alone, I shaved her eyebrows off.

I shaved her eyebrows off.

I was going to die.

"Nat?" I heard from outside my door.

"Ah, crap." I muttered before it swung open

"Are you okay? I knocked but no one answered." Cole said.

"Yeah, I'm good." I told him.

I gave me a weird look. "Well then, what's the hold up?"

"Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not feeling too well. I think I'm going to stay in today." I said placing my hand to my forehead.

He raised an eyebrow before nodding. "Okay Nat. If that's what you want."

"I really wish I could go, but I would hate to infect everyone else." I said faking a cough.

He nodded again. "Can I just see your phone really quick?"

"Why?" I asked in confusion but he walked over and grabbed it from my desk. "What are you doing?"

He unlocked the screen since he knew my password. Pretty much everyone knew my password, it was 4321. Not that it mattered, I have nothing to hide, but still. He began scrolling through something but backed away when I tried to see what he was doing.

"Cole. What are you doing?" I asked again, kind of frustrated.

He held up his finger to me like a diva and held my phone to his ear.

"Hey, it's Cole." He said, "you were right."

What?

"She says she's too sick to go today." He spoke again.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked trying to come closer but he backed away again.

"What should I do?" He asked the person. "Okay, cool."

He hung up my phone and handed it back to me. I grabbed my phone back with caution before quickly going to recent calls. I gasped.

"You called Andrew?"

He shrugged. "He said to tell him if you tried getting out of school."

"You traitor!" I yelled.

He laughed as a figure came and stood in my doorway.

"You know, I should really start locking my front door. You guys could have been murderers and my parents are still sleeping the day away in their bedroom."

"You don't look sick to me, Tally." Andrew said with a fake disapproving look.

"It's the eyeliner." I said gesturing to my face. "It does wonders. I'm actually dying on the inside."

He rolled his eyes before looking at the traitor in the corner of the room.

"Thanks for the heads up Cole. I'll get her to school." Andrew told him.