Movie Night

Read the Author's Note please!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the end of the week, Robyn's grades were fully updated and she proudly announced that she'd re-achieved her straight A's. We were all sat around the lunch table on Friday when she announced her big news. We congratulated her and she beamed.

"That's great Robyn. I knew you would get your grades back up." Calvin said genuinely, giving her a smile.

She returned it easily. "Thanks Cal. It feels good that I'm finally done with everything. Now I just need to keep my grades where they are."

"I wish we knew who did it." Trent said with a frown. "Now that Rebecca's off the table, I don't know who it could be."

No one said anything, but I knew we were all silently agreeing. I had talked to Rebecca about the pranks and she swore that she had nothing to do with any of them.

She did, however, take credit for the condoms in my locker. She said it was Brianna's idea because she was mad that Andrew shot her down. I believed that, because Brianna was never one to take no for an answer. When she didn't get what she wanted, it got ugly.

That left the unknown prankster for the notes in my mailbox, me getting locked in the janitor's closet, and Robyn's grades getting sabotaged.

My friends weren't very keen on trusting Rebecca's word, but we had a mutual understanding. We'd gotten over our little feud and, although we weren't exactly friends, we were done with the petty fighting so there was no reason for her to lie.

"I think we should just forget about the whole thing." Robyn said. "It's over now."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah. It's too much extra stress to worry about finding someone that might never be found."

"But what if they do something else?" Andrew asked shaking his head.

"It's been a week since anything has happened." I told him. "Let's just hope that whoever did this is done."

We were all silent until Zander spoke up.

"This convo is way too depressing. Let's talk celebration." He grinned and placed his hands on the table.

"Celebration for what?" Chrissy asked.

"Robyn getting her grades up!" He exclaimed. "I'm thinking a huge party at Robyn's place."

"Thanks Zan, but I don't really want to spend the night with a bunch of drunk people to celebrate my grades." Robyn responded. The nervous look that she had been wearing all week was finally gone and replaced by a carefree smile.

"What about another movie night?" Trent suggested. "Like when Nat was sick."

"Yes, let's do that! We can watch a bunch of Disney movies." Chrissy said excitedly.

"Absolutely not." John said sternly.

He had lightened up a bit since I first met him, and he didn't seem as hateful as before. I liked to believe that Zander's cheerful personality was making him less bitter. There were some things, like Disney movies apparently, that he still couldn't stand but he was getting better.

"Well, Robyn isn't going to want to watch car explosions and gun fights all night." Chrissy retorted.

"Why do you assume that I like action movies?" John raised an eyebrow. "I'm more into horror movies, with serial killers or dolls that come to life."

Chrissy looked at him in shock and distaste. "You would. You're completely disturbed."

"Okay kids, Uncle Chase has a solution." Chase stood up and we all looked at him.