Night of Surprises: Part Two

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please Read The Author's Note at The End!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Enjoy~

RECAP:

Oh, no people. The most shocking part of this situation had finally become clear in my mind, A life-changing revelation, it was. They both looked scared, like they didn't know what I was going to do. Like I was some unstable creature that escaped from captivity.

I only managed one word.

"John?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I stood there with my mouth wide open, gaping like a fish.

"What, when did you, how, what?" I managed to stutter out. I took a step back.

"Nat, calm down. Let's just take a seat, okay?" Zander said calmly as he walked towards me.

He pulled me into the room and my head was spinning. I know I was overreacting, but it's not like I've lived through very many shocking events in my life. And, let's be honest people, who could have guessed that John was gay? Obviously not me.

The sound of the door clicking shut pulled me from my frozen state.

"John, you're gay?!" I practically yelled.

"Shh!" Zander clapped his his hand over my mouth and pulled me further into the bedroom. "Someone is going to hear you!"

I looked over at John, who was standing about a foot away with his arms crossed over his naked chest. He had a cautious look on his face as he stared at me. I bit my lip and took a deep breath to calm myself.

"So, you're gay then?" I asked more calmly.

He raised his eyebrows at me, glanced at Zander, and turned his attention back to me. He took slow, threatening steps toward me before looking me dead in the eyes.

"Look, anything that is said in this room, stays in this room. Got it?" He asked me coldly.

My eyes widened and I nodded my head.

John sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Yes."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yes?"

"Yes, I'm gay." He replied quickly.

I gasped. "Holy shit." I whispered. "Does anyone else know about this?"

"No, and they aren't going to." John said sternly.

I looked over at zander. He was sat on the bed staring at his hands in his lap.

"Zander?" His eyes shot up to mine and I could see the pain in them.

"Hey, what's wrong?" John kneeled in front of Zander. I had to clamp my mouth shut to keep in the 'awe' that wanted to come out at the sight of the two. How had I not seen their chemistry before?

Zander shook his head. "Nothing, I'm okay."

"No, you're not." John said before he sighed and rubbed a hand down his face. "You know why we can't tell people. We've talked about this before."

"Of course I know. I told you I'm fine." Zander insisted but John just rolled his eyes. It was almost as if they had forgotten that I was in the room.

I cleared my throat and they looked at me. "I really don't want to interrupt but, how long has this been going on?" I asked.

They shared a looked before Zander answered.

"A few months."

I choked on my spit. "Months?"