Keeping Secrets

Chapter: 13

"Thanks so much for everything, Cutie." Trent said with a smile. He hugged me and stepped out through the front door.

"No problem." I said smiling back at him.

It had been a week since I got locked in a closet and arrested. Katelyn had yet to come up with a prank good enough for Rebecca. I had told my friends that it wasn't that big of a deal, and we could just forget about it but they were determined to 'avenge me', as Chase had put it. Today Trent had come over so that I could help him plan out how he was going to ask out Robyn. I was a little touched that he asked for my help when he could have just gone to Chrissy or Katelyn, or even Zander but I didn't question it. I also don't think he wanted a lot of people to know what he was planning so he asked me since I already knew.

He had been here all day. We spent four hours just throwing idea's around. He told me that he would come back another day so that we could get an actual plan going.

I closed the door and sighed. It was Sunday and my parents were out shopping for their anniversary trip in a month. They saved up money every year so that they could take a week off and travel somewhere. This year they were going on a cruise in Mexico. I stay home by myself while their away, which wasn't a problem since I haven't needed a babysitter since I was thirteen.

I went upstairs to my room and collapsed onto my bed with a sigh. I stared at my ceiling. It had been a fairly boring weekend. No one called or came over except for Trent today.

I didn't realize how tired I was until my mom was shaking me awake.

"Wake up, girl, dinner's ready." She said with a grin then turned and walked out.

I yawned and stretched before making my way into the kitchen where my parents were finishing up the last of dinner.

"Ah, my sleeping beauty awakens!" My Dad said dramatically.

I ignored him. "What did you guys get for the trip?" I asked as we sat down at table.

My mom smiled widely. "Oh my god, you will not believe what we bought!"

My dad sighed dramatically.

"Should I be scared?" I asked warily.

"No" "Yes" My parents spoke at the same time.

Mom rolled her eyes. "Oh calm down Jerry, you need to loosen up!" My mom teased him with his nickname from highschool. Since he was a lawyer now he preferred Jeremiah.

"I am loose, Ronnie, I just don't think that we should have spent so much money." He retorted.

"What did you buy?" I asked again.

"Oh, I'll show you!" My mom shot up from the table and ran out of the room. Seconds later she ran back in with a box in her hands. She stopped running before walking over to me and putting the box in my face.

An ipad. They bought and ipad.

"Why did you buy an ipad?" I asked them.

"Well, just picture it. Your father and I, sitting by the pool, soaking up the sun, when someone says, 'wow I wonder how hot it is!'" My mom started. "So then I can just break this baby out and-BAM! It says the temperature right here." She pointed to the weather app.

"Cell phones have weather apps too, Mom." I told her.

She frowned at me. "That's not the point though. It can also, uhm, tell time. And you can play games on it! It's like a little mini lap top."

I wanted to point out that a cell phone could do all of that too but I didn't want to burst her bubble.

"You're right mom! This was a great idea" I told her with a smile.