Night of Surprises

The weekend came and went without any event and Monday was here again. The only thing that happened was Trent and Robyn's date which, in Robyn's words, was as if her own fairy godmother was following them around and perfecting the whole thing. When she told us about it at Chrissy's house Friday night when she got back, Chrissy and Katelyn fangirled and Zander and I made fun of her. It gave me a happy, content feeling being with them again. It felt like it had been ages since we had all hung out together. It gave me a feeling that I didn't want to let go of.

Monday morning Cole and I walked through the doors of the school.

"See you at lunch." He said with a smile.

I nodded and smiled back before making my way to my lockers. As I walked there I couldn't help but smile when I saw Robyn and Trent standing a couple of lockers away in a deep conversation with their fingers interlocked.

I got to my locker and Chrissy and Katelyn pounced on me.

"Look at them! Aren't they the cutest?" Chrissy exclaimed.

Katelyn nodded and stared at them longingly. "I wish I had a cute relationship."

I scrunched my face at their cheesiness. "Where is Zander? This is too much cheesy for me to handle right now."

"He has an orthodontist appointment." Chrissy sayd.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Zander doesn't wear braces. His teeth are totally straight."

She looked thoughtful for a moment before shrugging. "That's what he said."

At lunch we all met at our table. It was the first time I'd seen Andrew since Friday. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt and dark jeans and his hair was as if he had just ran a hand throught it. I swwoned a little when I saw him but quickly composed myself and supressed the feeling.

I turned to Zander with a questioning look. "Hey, what happened this morning?"

He looked at me like I was crazy before understanding came over his face. He blushed a little, which only confused me.

"Oh that, yeah. I had an orthodontist appointment."

"Why though? Your teeth are perfect."

"But there's this little crooked one, see?" He bared his teeth at me and pointed to one on the bottom row. It was just as straight as the others.

"Nope, they're perfect." I told him.

We were interrupted when Robyn let out a giggle. We all turned to see Trent whisper something into her ear that was apparently hilarious. Zander and I fake gagged and Andrew laughed at us. I melted a little at the sound. I looked around the table and Cal was glaring down at his hands.

He looked up to find me sending him a questioning look. He was going to reply when Chase came bounding up to the table with his usual smile on his face. John was slowly trailing behind him with a scowl.

"Stop bouncing around like that, you look f*cking stupid." John said.

Chase's smile didn't falter as he sat down and shrugged at John.

"So guys, Jason Locke's birthday is this weekend." Chase said with a wide grin.

"So what?" Katelyn asked.

"So, his parties are crazy. He has like ten acres of land and no neighbors to call the cops with noise complaints." He answered.

"What about his parents?" She asked.

"Separated. He lives with his dad who's cool enough to leave Jason the house for the weekend to do whatever."

"Wow. Well that sucks about his parents, but wow." Chrissy said.