Lucky

Recap:

I drifted in and out of consciousness and the last thing I remembered was being set down in what I assumed was the seat of a car. My eyes opened slightly into a squint and I saw Andrew buckling my seat belt.

"Andrew." My voice sounded deep and gravely. "What's ha-" I coughed.

"Tally, stop talking for now. When we get home I'll make you some hot tea for your throat, okay?" He said stroking my cheek.

I nodded and my eyes drooped.

"Go ahead and sleep baby. It's going to be okay." He said sincerely.

That was all it took for me to let my eyes shut and go to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head pounded as I started to wake up. My vision was fuzzy when I opened my eyes. I felt myself being carried again and when I could see more clearly, I noticed that we were in front of my house.

"Here, I have her keys." I head Cole say.

I felt a bit more rested from my nap and I opened my eyes fully.

"What's happening?" My throat still hurt and my voice was raspy, but it was easier to talk now.

Cole looked at me in surprise and I looked up to Andrew who had a similar expression.

Andrew walked over to the couch and set me down gently on it.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, kneeling in front of me.

I looked down to my wrinkled clothes. My hair was stringy and messy and I couldn't shake the chill that took over my body.

"I'm fine." I said.

My front door opened and the rest of my friends walked in. They filled the living room and all shot me relieved looks.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're awake." Robyn said stepping closer.

"Nat, what happened?" Katelyn asked.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember. I tried not to think about how cold it was in my house.

"I got locked in the janitors closet." I said.

"Yeah, babe, we know that. Can you remember anything else?" Zander asked me.

I shook my head but tried to continue.

"Someone pushed me in." I said, remembering that clearly. "I didn't see who it was because they sprayed-" I let out a small cough. "They sprayed me in the face with a water gun."

"A water gun? What is this, third grade?" Chrissy commented.

"Why is she so sick though?" Trent asked.

"That's a good question." Katelyn said. "I don't think sitting in wet clothes for a few hours would make you this sick."

"Well, she did fall asleep on the janitors closet floor." Cole said. " I wouldn't be surprised if she caught some kind of virus from that."

I pursed my lips as they spoke.

"Well, she's not going to get better just sitting here." Robyn said helping me up. "You're going to take a hot shower and then you can go to sleep."

I smiled at her.

"Can you guys make soup?" Chrissy asked the male half of the room as Katelyn and Robyn led me up the stairs.

I was about to tell everyone that they didn't have to look after me, but Chrissy spoke up.

"We're not leaving, so just get your butt upstairs and take a shower."