Playing Cupid

The weekend passed by slowly and uneventfully. Andrew went out of town on Saturday with his parents to visit his Aunt and I hadn't talked to any of the girls all weekend. I had texted Cole but he said he was busy this weekend. So basically I spent the whole weekend by myself. It was good though. It's nice being lazy sometimes.

Now it was Monday morning and I was making my way into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and walked to the bar and sat down while I ate. My mom didn't come down by the time Cole came to our door. She must have slept in today.

I opened the door and walked down my driveway with Cole. It was warm so I was wearing shorts and a tank top, but soon it would be getting colder due to the upcoming winter months.

I got into Cole's car and he started driving.

"So how did you like the party?" Cole said, breaking the comfortable silence.

"It was okay." I said with a shrug. "Not as disasterous as I was expecting."

He chuckled. "You were expecting a disaster?"

"That's how the parties I went to end." I said thinking about the other two parties I attended. "At the first one I, for some stupid reason, decided to wear white and some drunk girl spilled a margarita on me. Then at the second one the host's parents came back early so everyone was running out of the house like freaking stampeding rhinos and my ride left me. So I ended up walking who knows how many miles home. I literally walked into my house and fell asleep on the floor next to the couch. I was so tired I couldn't take an extra two steps to make it onto the couch. I fell asleep next to it." I didn't bother telling him about my last party experience because it was something I tried hard to forget.

Cole laughed loudly. "Wow, no wonder you didn't want to go." He laughed again. "So what were you doing the entire night? I didn't see you much."

"Well I spent most of the night with Andrew. After he saved me from almost getting beat up by this girl who accused me a dropping her shot glass." I said.

"Well did you?" He asked.

"What?"

"Did you drop her shot glass?" He clarified with a grin.

"No! She poured it and dropped it herself. She just poured the shot and turned around and it just fell out of her hand. Then she started yelling like a lunatic about how I made her drop it." I scoffed. "Yeah right, I wasn't even near her. Then she just walked out grumbling about having to pee. But i wasn't my fault at all. Like, maybe if she can't even hold the damn glass in her hand she shouldn't be taking anymore shots." I said with a huff.

I don't know why I was getting so worked up. Maybe some of the drunk girl's hostility was rubbing off on me. I also didn't like being blamed for things that I didn't do. Even if they were good things. I wouldn't take the credit if I didn't deserve it.

Cole laughed harder. "Holy crap, Natalia. I think that's the first time I've heard you say a curse word!"

I rolled my eyes at his smirk and he pulled into the school parking lot. "Whatever."

I got out of the car throwing a thanks over my shoulder as I made my way into the school.

I got to my locker without a sign of any of my friends. Which was weird because they usually ambushed me by now.

I was taking out my book for first period when I heard whispering from a couple of lockers down. I looked over to see three girls, probably freshman looking at me and talking to eachother in hushed tones. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Hi." I said, still confused.

They immediately stopped talking and stared at me with wide eyes.