Unmasked

This is the second to last chapter!!

Enjoy :)

~ ~ ~

I woke up to harsh sunlight shining directly in my face. I tried to cover my head with my blanket but I couldn't find it. Reluctantly I pried my eyes open to find myself on the floor in someone's living room.

I lifted myself into sitting position as my memory of the night before slowly came back to me. I glanced down at Robyn who was lying in a fetal position next to me. Besides the two of us, the living room was empty.

I stood up from the floor and walked to the kitchen where I heard familiar laughter. Entering I saw Zander, Katelyn, and Chrissy sitting around the bar.

"You owe me five bucks Chrissy." Zander said as soon as he saw me.

She looked over at me and swore. "Fine, I'll give it to you later."

"What's going on?" I re-tied my bun and sat on a bar stool next to them.

Katelyn rolled her eyes. "They were betting on which one of you would wake up first."

"Why would you bet on something like that?" I stared at the two of them who both shrugged.

"Because they're stupid." Katelyn answered.

"Who's stupid?" Robyn walked into the kitchen covering a yawn.

"These two apparently." I told her.

She didn't question it and only nodded.

"What time is it?" She asked.

Chrissy looked at her phone screen before answering. "It's 11:24."

"I'm hungry, what can I eat?" Zander walked over to the fridge and opened it, scanning over the shelves with his eyes.

There wasn't much in there. It looked like maybe one glass left in the milk jug, bologna, and a pack of tortillas.

"Why don't you have food, Robyn? You always have food." Zander looked extremely disappointed.

Robyn shrugged as she stared at her phone screen. "My parents haven't had time to go shopping. They left money for pizza though, we just have to go get it."

Chrissy rushed over to the other side of the counter where a few bills were sitting. She grabbed it and held it up.

"Let's go get pizza!" She exclaimed.

"Yes! Let's get pepperoni and olive pizza." Zander said.

"That's gross, Zan, we're getting Canadian bacon and pineapple." Chrissy said firmly.

"I'm allergic to pineapples!" Zander argued.

"No you aren't, you just don't like them."

"Exactly, so why would you suggest a pizza topping that your best friend hates?" Zander crossed his arms.

Katelyn placed two fingers in her mouth and whistled loudly. We all winced as the sound pierced through the air.

"We have this conversation every time we get pizza. We're getting one sausage and olive, and one pineapple and pepperoni. Everyone's happy. Are you good with that, Nat?" Katelyn asked me.

I nodded. "Sounds perfect." I wasn't really picky with pizza toppings, as long as it wasn't bell peppers or onions.

"Great. Come on." Katelyn gestured for us to exit.

I started walking but stopped and glanced down at my fluffy pajama shorts and white t-shirt. Robyn was wearing similar attire.

Chrissy, Zander, and Katelyn however, were all dressed in decent clothes, and Chrissy even had her hair done.