n i n e

It had been a few days since me and Mattheo broke up. Or just agreed to be friends. I have to admit, it was a little awkward.

He was still over protective like I was still his girlfriend. I secretly still had a lot of feelings for him. I don't know if he felt the same. Probably not. He kissed Pansy like it was nothing. I still think about it all the time.

"Hey, Mattheo? Are you and y/n still together?" Blaise asked Mattheo. I was sitting a far enough distance away from them to not notice me, but I could still hear them.

"It depends, who are you asking for?" Mattheo glances over at Draco who looked like he was waiting for Blaise to come back with good news.

"Myself, obviously."

"Yeah, sure you are."

"Sooo are you still together."

I was watching both of them carefully. Studying both their faces. Waiting for one of them to crack a smile, anything. Nope. Nothing.

Mattheo looks over at me. I try not to make it obvious that I was looking at them so I look back down at my paper.

"No, not anymore. But if you do so much as hurt her. You're dead, you understand me Zabini?"

"Understood." He grins and walks back over to Draco.

"You didn't have to do that you know." I say still looking at my paper.

"Yeah, I did. And if he asks you out or anything and you say yes. Just please, for me, be careful. And if he hurts you, you come straight to me, got it."

"Sir, yes, sir." I say sitting straight up and looking ahead.

"You're such a dork." He says chuckling.

I smile a small smile and continued writing on my paper.

*A few hours later*

I was struggling to hold all my books in my arms as I walk back to my dorm, which was all the way on the other side of the school. As I'm trying to walk as fast as I can because I'm struggling, I drop all my books on the floor. I wasn't embarrassed because no one else was in that corridor. I knelt down to collect my books when I see another hand reach down.

"You look like your struggling a bit, need some help?" The other person asks

I look up, not a familiar face. "Yes, please" I say smiling.

I finish grabbing the books off the floor in the corridor, and begin walking along side the boy.

"Cedric Diggory" the boy says holding out his free hand

"Y/n y/l/n, are you new, I've never seen you around?" I say shaking his soft hand.

"Yeah, transferred in the middle of the year, isn't that fucked up?"

"Yeah, it is. That must suck" I say chuckling

"They want me to find a person in the same year with good grades to tutor me but I'm pretty smart myself, and I haven't found someone yet."

"Damn"

"Uh speaking of tutoring, what are your grades?" He says smirking, being funny.

"All A's and yes."

"YOU'LL DO IT!!?"

"YESS"

He pulls me in a tight hug, " Thank you so much y/n, you won't regret it!"

"I sure hope I won't"

He let's go of me "do you think we could go to Dumbledores office and tell him really quick."

"Can we please drop off these heavy books first? My arms are hurting and I don't think I can hold them anymore."

"Of course"

We continue walking to my dorm. Once we get there I open the door and....

601 words