t h i r t y - s i x

mattheo drags me out of the great hall and into an empty corridor. he wipes my tears with his thumb.

"are you okay?" he questions with curiosity flowing through his tone.

i try to smile but it doesn't work. i nod and look down at my feet. "thank you" i say.

"for what?"

"saying all those nice things about me. protecting me."

"you know i always got your back yellow, it's you and me against the world. you know this" he grabs my arm and pulls me into a tight hug. i don't hesitate to wrap my arms around him.

"i miss you" I admit to him.

"i miss you too yellow."

"i just wish you'd stop being a prick" i giggle a little bit through the sniffles.

"and you had to ruin it" he laughs.

i laugh with him.

it was true. i did miss him. not just the relationship. i missed our friendship the most. how i always had someone i could go to. how my home wasn't four walls and a roof. it was a mattheo.

"im going back to my dorm. ive had enough social interaction for the day." i let go of him and begin to walk past him to my dorm.

"can i come?"

i stop and turn around, "why not"

we make it back to my dorm and i flop down on my bed and engulf myself in my covers. i take a deep breath and exhale loudly.

"what's up with you?" mattheo says looking around at all of blaises things on his side of the dorm.

"just tired. and i need a dress for the ball, and i don't have that kind of money right now. and im not even sure if i want to go because it's lame going without a date. there's just a lot of thought going into it." I explain.

"that is a lot to think about, but you do know it's still like 2 weeks away right?"

"yeah, but I need to go shopping tomorrow before the snow hits harder. i would just need to ask my mom for more money. im running out." i turn over to face the wall, assuming the conversation was over and he'd leave.

"i could help you pick out a dress. get an outsiders opinion. you know?"

"if you want to hang out with me, just say that" i joke.

"I want to hang out with you" he dully says.

"alright then, you can come with me tomorrow. 11am sharp, be here and we'll leave, or don't. not my problem."

"yes ma'am"

"the doors right there for whenever you're ready to leave. i think im going back to sleep. goodnight mattheo." i close my eyes.

"goodnight yellow, sweet dreams." He kisses my cheek and walks out turning the lights off as well.

i smile and drift into sleep.

°•°•°•°•°•°

the next morning i get up at 9am on the dot. i yawn and stand up so i could get ready. i wear black leggings with a slytherin sweater and my hair in a clip.

i get ready and it's around 10:30 am. since i was a little early i grab my things and head to mattheos dorm leaving blaise fast asleep in our dorm.

i open the door and see mattheo standing there already.

"um, hello?" i say with confusion.

"i got up super early so i wouldn't miss 11am, ive been standing here for like an hour." He smiles