t h i r t y - o n e

it's bright an early in the morning and i begin my day. november 1st. (author here, that's my actual birthday, i just HAD to throw that in there. sorry, have fun reading!) i dress like any other day, my routine is pretty set and stone by now. i shut my door behind me walking out, assuming that blaise is already down stairs somewhere.

i pull out my phone to answer my notifications from last night and this morning i didn't see.

"enzo.berk mentioned you in an instagram post, tap here to view!"

i tap the icon and it pulls up a post of me, pictures of me and enzo together, pictures he's took of me, and cute coupley pictures of us. i think 'he's too sweet'

it's captioned
"happy birthday to the prettiest, feistiest, funniest, greatest, awesomest, bestest girl ever. we've had so many great memories together only knowing each other a few months. but it's been the best few months. and im glad i got to spend them with you. i hope your birthday was as great as you my love. i hope you live it to the fullest. 🫶🏻"

i smile at my phone as i make it to the bottom of the stairs as now i was in the common room. i see draco and pansy making out in the corner. i try so hard not to gag at the sight of them. draco doesn't even scare me anymore. he's just a bitch. he needs to hop off for real.

i walk out of the common room watching my step, but when i look down, there is still some confetti left on the floor from last night. i smile to myself and blush. oh how i loved enzo.

wait- what? i did not just say that. ive only ever loved one person, truly. and it was mattheo. and we see how that turned out. i can't love enzo. i absolutely cannot. it's not happening. i fiddle with my necklace and bounce my knee at the slytherin table zoned out staring at something. my mind was wandering on and on and on. until someone snapped me out of it.

"helloooo earth to y/nnn" someone waved in front of my face, blaise. i shake my head out of my day dream, "yeah, sorry" i chuckle nervously still fiddling with my necklace.

"are you okay, you look off?" He asks me taking a bite of food

"yeah, im fine, just tired you know" i reply back.

"hm okay.." he hesitates

i eat some food, not too much, still thinking about what i thought about enzo. what if i love him too soon? it's only been two months, what if he doesn't love me back? what if i tell him and he doesn't like me anymore and he thinks im weird? ugh, i hate this.

after im done eating, i get up and try to be early to my first class. i walk past an empty classroom, not thinking anything of it. im looking down at my phone minding my business and suddenly im snatched into a said classroom and a hand is covering my mouth to muffle my screams.

not taking their hand off of my mouth, they spin me around to face them, and big blue eyes stare back at me, his face is all bruised and beat up. scars and dried blood everywhere. he'd been hurt pretty bad.

"get your little boyfriend under fucking control. i am sick and tired of having to beat the shit out of you after he did just to prove im better. get him under control, or it's not gonna be pretty, you hear me?" he spits at me

i nod in pure shock and fear. i swallow hard and close my eyes expecting him to hit me.

"good, get it through you FUCKING head cooper" he says tapping my temple with his finger.

i nod still with my eyes closed. he let's go and walks out of the class room. i gasp for air and wonder who he was talking about.

*FLASHBACK TO AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITH DRACO IN CRUCIO*

mattheo pov.

"im gonna go visit draco, haven't talked to him in a while" i say to y/n and cooper after finding out he hurt y/n. she's still my girl, i know i hurt her but she's still my girl.

i smile and walk away making my way up to dracos dorm. oh how i wanted to fucking murder him, and id have no regrets either. i hated him with every ounce of my being. and to think i was actually starting to tolerate him, up until he hurt my yellow. he's barking up the wrong tree.

i make it to his dorm and i knock... no answer, so i bang a few times.... no answer, i kick the door a few times, "DRACO, I KNOW YOURE IN THERE, GET YOUR FILTHY ASS UP AND OPEN THE GOD DAMN DOOR RIGHT FUCKING NOW" i demand through the door.

almost immediately the door swings open, "what the hell do you want" he questions and stands his ground.

i instantly sock him right in the jaw, right hook is my best friend. he falls to the floor. i walk into his room, close the door behind me, and put a silencing spell on the door. can i use magic to hurt him? yes. but i want to feel the satisfaction of his blood smearing on my knuckles.

i get on top of him and continue to punch him in the face. blood is going everywhere, he tries to fight back but it's no use, he can't see anything because my hands are just going to fast at his face.

i start, "how the hell could you hurt y/n AGAIN!" i get even more frustrated at the image in my head of y/n hurt due to him.

he's cut all over his face, basically a puddle of blood around us, i don't think he's dead, or unconscious. i stand up after a minute, "get up pussy! nothing now? but all that time before you were all bark. guess who's an all bark no bite bitch now cocksucker. i hope you fucking die malfoy, you deserve nothing but dirt." i spit on him and walk out. he's so pathetic.

*BACK TO THE PRESENT TIME*

y/n pov.

i stand there stunned for a moment before grabbing my things off the floor and walking out. i walk to my first class with draco on my mind. who did that to him? and who is he talking about "boyfriend"? that's so weird.

i sit down in class and pull my notebook and quill out of my bag. cooper sits on my right. we start to talk for a few minutes before class. as soon as the teacher says class begins, enzo sits down on my left, i turn and smile at him before returning to my conversation with cooper.

professer yells at me and cooper to stop talking and there are a few giggles around the room. i roll my eyes and try not to laugh. halfway through class we are let to do our work. i talk to cooper about the assignment and we complete it together. enzo was kind of in the conversation, but i couldn't help but notice eyes on me. i knew it wasn't enzo because he was too busy on his work, and it wasn't cooper either.

i look around the room only to be met with deep dark brown eyes that id once had fallen in love with.

1273 words