Republic Day OS

I'm zinda, okay, bhul mat jaiyo mereko. Anyways, I wasn't getting any ideas for YRHPK's storyline so I thought of writing something for Republic Day instead. The characters are all the same and Lalla's name is still Veyom. The only change is instead of police officers, everyone is an army officer. Happy Reading :)

आप सबको गणतंत्र दिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं  🇮🇳

-January 18th 2022 8:29 am-

It was a sunny morning in the city of Lucknow. Everyone was busy in their daily work, occasionally stopping by to have a chat with their friends. But, for our army officers, the atmosphere was tense. The media was strictly forbidden from leaking news to the public, but they knew war was near and they'd be called anytime.

Around 3' o clock in the afternoon, the message was sent out on wireless that full staff was needed at one of the country borders. The on-duty officers were dismissed from whatever they had been doing and told to be at the airport by 6 pm. Hearing this news, Haseena, Karishma, Anubhav, Santosh, Cheetah, and Pushpaji rushed home to gather their belongings and get into uniform.

-Mallik Residence 3:14 pm-

Anuseena entered the house in a hurry and nearly bumped into Ammi.

AM: Konsa bhukamp aa gaya joh itni tezi se bhaag rahe ho dono?

HM: Ammi hume jaana hoga, abhi abhi wireless pe announce hua hai ki poore force ki zarurat padegi border pe. (to AS) Anubhav ji, aap saaman pack kijiye hum ghar ka kaam kardete hai.

AS(running off towards their room): Ji

Before Ammi could stop either of them, they began their work doing things as fast as possible. Haseena was running from one end of the house to the other, half her focus on the announcement and the other half on the work she was doing. She was almost done with the preparations when a little hand tapped her back. She turned around and saw an innocent face smiling at her.

HM: Kya hua hamari shehzaadi ko

J: Jannat naalaz hai aapche

HM: Kyun humne kya kiya?

J: Aap aur Abbu Jannat to atela todke jaa lahe hai

HM: Nahi baccha, aapke saath Nani hogi ghar pe. Aur hum toh desh ki seva karne jaa rahe hai. Kuch...bure insaan...hai jisne desh ka apmaan kiya jisse hume sabak sikhana hai

J: Ammi, aap bule inchaan to sabak chikane tyu jaate hai

HM: Hmmm....agar aapki Ammi ko koi kuch bol de toh aapko gussa aata hai na? (Jannat nodded) Toh desh, yaani ki hum sab ki Ammi, ko wahi bure insaano ne bura bola hai isliye hum unhe sabak sikhane jaa rahe hai. Itna toh kar sakte hai na?

J: Haan. Aur aap na shaale bule inchaan to bolna agal philche bula taam tiya toh Jannat chodegi nahi!

HM(kissing her forehead and smiling): Haan bilkul bol denge. Ab aap jaake khelo, hum thodi der mein kaam khatam karke aate hai

A while later, Anubhav, Haseena, Ammi, and Inayat were standing by the front door. Anubhav took Jannat in his arms and nuzzled his nose with hers.

J: Byeeeee Abbuuuuu (stretching the last letter)

AS: Bye baccha aap nani ko adhik pareshan mat karna, theek hai?

J: Otay. Aap aate waqt Jannat te liye tohfa laayenge naa? (innocently)

Tears shone in Haseena's eyes hearing the innocent voice of Jannat. This might be the last time she would see her daughter, and she wanted to make sure it was a happy memory. She nodded her head and hugged Jannat once more while she was still in Anubhav's arms. Anubhav knew she was always emotional for Jannat so he put an arm around her to comfort her. They broke the hug and Anuseena took the blessings of Ammi and hugged her one by one. At last, they picked up their bags and sat in the car while Ammi waved goodbye to them with Jannat in her arms.

-Singh Residence 3:18 pm-

Karishma unlocked the door and hurried inside with Pushpaji right behind her. No one else was home at the moment so they set off to pack their belongings immediately. Pushpaji tried her best to convince Karishma not to be at war this time, but Karishma was stubborn and wouldn't stay back. A while later, Veyom returned from work to find their house's condition similar to a fish market. He rushed inside his room to find Karishma packing a bag.

VS: Karu kya chal raha hai yeh, kahan jaa rahe ho aap dono?

KS: 3 baje wireless pe announce hua tha ki border pe poore force ki zarurat padegi isliye humko jaana padega. Bhaiya, Bhabhi, Santu, aur Cheetah bhi aa rahe hain, sab airport pe milenge.

VS: Woh sab toh theek hai par tum kyun jaa rahi ho? Iss haalat mein jaana theek nahi hai, tumhari koak mein ek baccha hai!

KS: Aise kaise theek nahi hai, jab desh ko hamara jarurat pada tabhi hum ghar pe baithe rahe toh yeh wardi kis kaam ki?

PS: Par aap apne bacche ka bhi toh sochiye, woh sirf aapka nahi Lalla ka bhi hai.

KS: Arre kuch nahi hoga Amma. Hum aa rahe hai matlab aa rahe hai aur hamara faisla koi nahi badal sakta!

VS: Kabhi toh apni neeji zindagi ka soch liya karo

KS: Patidev, humne aapse pehle hi kaha hai, desh se pehle kuch nahi aata. Aur yeh bhi koi bahana hai ghar pe baithe rehne ka? Hum pregnant hai toh kaa hua, dushman ka saamna nahi kar sakte?

VS(yelling): Par dushman thodi na dekhenge ki saamne wala kon hai ya kis haalat mein hai, woh toh bass goli maarte hai

KS(yelling back): Toh goli chalana humko bhi aata hai, kuch nahi hoga hum bata rahe hai na. Ab aap jaiye humko bag pack karne dijiye.

Veyom had just given up on arguing, he knew his wife wouldn't listen unless the department gave her orders to stay home. And there was no way she could get an exemption letter within 2 hours.

VS: Theek hai tum baitho yahan hum bag pack kardete hai tumhari

When it was time to leave, Pushpaji, Karishma, and Veyom were standing near the front door of their house. Veyom hugged Karishma one last time and held her by the shoulders.

VS(calmly): Ek baar phir soch lo, hamare liye nahi toh hamare bacche ke liye-

KS(calmly): Kuch nahi hoga hamare bacche ko, yeh hamara jimmedari hai. Hum aapse waada karte hai ki hum laute ya naa laute, aapka baccha aapki goad mein hoga aur surakshit hoga. Aur pura sheher jaanta hai Karishma Singh apne waade ka kitna pakki hai

Veyom's eyes brimmed with tears, but he tried to keep them in. Karishma hugged him tightly and assured him everything will be alright.

VS(whispering): I love you

Veyom leaned over and kissed her while she was still caged in his arms. Karishma responded, then slowly backed away.

KS(same tone): I love you too

Veyom took the blessings of Pushpaji and hugged her for what may be the last time. KarishPa sat in the car and left for the airport.

All the team members, along with the other officers were gathered at the airport, standing in line to board their respective flights. Haseena glanced at Karishma once and hugged her tightly, while both tried to control their tears.

HM: Khayal rakhna apna. Aur...hum zinda rahe toh...chotu ka naam hum rakhenge.

KS: Theek hai, aur aap bhi khayal rakhna. Abhi toh bohot saara laat-ghusa aur jajbaat ka ladai baaki hai

Haseena smiled though her tears. Suddenly, the officer doing the contact tracing called Haseena's name to board the flight. She looked at Karishma and kissed her forehead quickly before waving goodbye.

-January 19th 2022 Army Camp-

Anubhav, being on the most senior rank, called a quick meeting for his team. Haseena, Karishma, Santosh, Cheetah, and Pushpaji arrived within minutes. They all knew this wasn't the time for emotions, but there was some sort of telepathy between them and they ran forward for a group hug.

AS(clearing his throat): Aajse hume ek parivaar bankar nahi ek team bankar ladna hai. Hum bolte toh hai ki desh ke liye jaan qurbaan hai parantu itna bada tyaag soch samajhkar hi karna. Aap sabki aur yahan upasthit saare sarkaari karamchari ki jaan amulya hai. Agar ek jaan deke hazaron aur ki bachti hai toh bejhijak dijiye, magar usi ek jaan ke saath hazaron aur chali jaati hai toh apni jaan dene ki moorkhta bilkul mat kijiyega. Itna avashya yaad rakhiyega ki aap jo kar rahe hai desh ki bhalaai ke liye kar rahe hai. Samajh gaye sab?

All: Yes Sir!

AS: Team Mahila Police Thana tenaad (ignore the MPT bcus I can't think of another name for them)

All: Yes Sir!

AS: JAI HIND

All: JAI HIND

-January 26th 2037 Mallik Residence-

A young girl of 19 was running down the stairs with her long hair flowing behind her. She ran from one side of the house to another, furiously searching for something. She finally found it and was about to head out the door, when a voice called out to her from behind.

AM: Arre beta dheere, kahan jaarahi ho itni subah subah?

J: Woh masi Ganatantra Divas ke liye kuch saaman lene gayi thi par unki gaadi kharab hogayi. Toh woh gaadi mechanic ke paas chhod aayi hai aur mujhe unhe lene jaana hai

AM: Kon masi?

J: Santosh masi

AM: Kon Santosh masi?

J: Santosh masi, Santosh Sharma, Lucknow Division ki Lieutenant General, Aarav ki bua.....

AM: Acha woh Santosh, hamari Santu

J(slapping her forehead): Ji nani wahi Santosh, ab main jaau?

AM: Allah kare tumhari padhai khatam hojaaye aur tum jald se shaadi kar lo tabhi tumhare andar thoda tameez aayega-

J(interrupting): Pehle hum apne desh ke liye kuch karna chahte hai phir shaadi waadi karenge

Ammi froze at her spot and Jannat realized what she said. She put down the keys she was holding and rushed towards Ammi.

J(quietly): Sorry, Ammi ki yaad dila di na maine....?

Ammi nodded with tears forming in her eyes: Kehne ko toh hume Alzheimers hai par Haseena ke baare mein sab kuch yaad hai hume....uske bachpan se m-maut tak....

J: Nani aap...aap aise roiye mat na....Ammi hai, yahin hai, isi ghar mein aur hum sabke dil mein.

Ammi wiped her tears and nodded: Tu- Tu jaa Santu ko leke aa...main nashta taiyyar kardeti hoon

J: Nahi, aise nahi jaaungi mai. Pehle ek pyaari si smile dijiye

Ammi smiled at her granddaughter's demands and cracked a smile. Jannat pulled her cheeks and ran off before she could be scolded. Not long after, she returned home to find Veyom, Aarav, Pushpaji, and Ammi seated at the table having breakfast. Aarav raised his eyebrows at her to which she stuck her tongue out in response. Jannat was about to sit at the table with everyone else when her gaze fell upon an old family picture.

It was her favourite, and the only picture of her entire family. Anubhav and Haseena were in the middle holding a young Jannat in their arms. Pushpaji, Karishma, and Veyom were standing to the left, while Santosh, Cheetah, and Ammi were standing to the right. She stood there rooted to the spot, staring at the frame. Just then, Santosh entered from behind and saw the usually hyper Jannat standing quietly. She went behind her and put a hand on her shoulder.

SS: Jannat?

Veyom, Aarav, Pushpaji, and Ammi looked towards Santu's voice and realized the situation. They all stood up and made a circle around Jannat from the back. The family stood in silence, staring at the photo frame and reminiscing their happy moments with Karishma, Haseena, Anubhav, and Cheetah. Soon, Pushpaji broke the silence

PS(gulping down tears): H-Hero hai tumhare Ammi-Abbu. Dushmano ne poori chaal banayi thi hume harane ke liye lekin unhone unki chaal pe paani pher diya aur hazaron sainik ki raksha ki.

SS(looking at Aarav): Aur tumhari mumma...woh bhi bohot badi hero hai. Apni koak mein baccha hote huye bhi ek pal ke aaram nahi kiya, ant tak ladti rahi. Goli lagne ke baad bhi bohot si masoom jaane bachayi aur sirf apna waada nibhane ke liye tumhe janam diya.

PS(to Aarav): Aur tumhare mama ji, matlab doosre mama ji, unhone bhi kitni mahilaaon ko prabhavit kiya army join karke ladne ke liye. Woh naa hote toh hum apni sena itni badi kabhi kar nahi paate aur virodhi desh ko hara nahi paate.

J: A-Aap log b-bohot strong hai...yeh sab apni aankho se dekhne ke bawjood bhi aap poori kahani apne muh se bol paa rahe hai. Fufaji aur Masi ne apna pyaar khoya tha aur Nani ne unke bacche...phir bhi aap logon ne hume (referring to herself and Aarav) kabhi apne Ammi-Abbu ki kami nahi mehsoos hone di.

A: Didi sahi keh rahi hai, aapne bachpan mein hamare saare nakhre uthaye par apna dard kabhi hamare saamne bayaan nahi kiya. Aap na hote toh hum dono zinda-

VS: Shh, aisa nahi bolte beta. Hum sab ne jo kiya hai woh hamara tum dono ke liye pyaar aur humara dayitva tha. Haan, humne bhi apna parivaar khoya hai, par unki jhalak hume tum dono mein dikhti hai.

AM: Jannat bilkul Haseena ki humshakal dikhti hai aur Karishma ke saare gunn hai uske andar. Aur Aarav...chota Anubhav dikhta hai aur Cheetah jaise sabko samajhne ka sabr aur kaushal bhi rakhta hai.

VS: Dard toh hum sabko hua hai magar hume garv hai ki bhai, bhabhi, Karu, aur Cheetah ne dushman ke liye nahi, Bharat Mata ke liye apni jaan gawahyi.

Jannat had heard stories of her parents bravery many times before, but this time it hit harder. What had she, or anyone in her family, done to deserve such a painful future? Her eyes shone with tears, but she pushed them back to avoid a breakdown in front of everyone. Everyone else wiped their tears as well and awkwardly went back to completing their work.

That night, Jannat was in her room carefully unrolling a piece of paper. She read through it slowly, taking in each word as if the person who wrote it was saying this all to her. She hugged the letter close to her heart and let her tears fall out. Meanwhile, Aarav was passing by her room when he saw her crying and immediately rushed inside.

A: Didi, kya hua? Aap theek hai na? A-Aap ro kyun rahi hai? (holding her by the shoulders with concern)

Jannat gulped down her tears and took a deep breath. She cleared her throat and spoke with much difficulty.

J: Y-Yeh, yeh Ammi ka aakhri nishaan hai mere paas. Nani ne mujhe yeh diya tha jab main pehli baar Urdu padhna seekhi thi.

A(slowly): K-Kya likha hai isme.....?

J(taking a deep breath): Isme...isme Ammi ne likha tha ki woh mere liye tohfa bhej rahi hai tumhari dadi ke saath. Nani ne bataya jab main chhoti thi tab Ammi ke jaane se pehle unse tohfa maanga tha aur...w-woh toh lautke nahi aayi par unhone apna waada zaroor nibhaya. Tohfe ke roop mein tujhe bheja. Pehle toh mujhe kuch samajh mein nahi aaya tha par yeh patr bohot kareeb hai mere dil se. Jab bhi...Ammi ki yaad aati hai...isse padhleti hoon.....toh aisa lagta hai ki Ammi mere paas hi hai.

A: M-Main aapka dard samajhta hoon, par dadi kehti haina....ateet pe afsos manane se accha hai bhavishya mein khushi dekhna. Aur- hum sab hai aapke saath...baba, dadi, bua, nani, sab hai. Aur waise toh aap bharosa nahi karti mujhpe par main bhi yahin hu.

Jannat was truly grateful for her brother. He may fight with her all day and play Nani's favourite child to get her in trouble, but he cared for her more than she could even think of.

J(smiling through tears): Haan haan, pata hai mujhe. Abhi toh janam janam tak pareshan karega tu mujhe

A: Taane maarti hai bas 😒

J: Chal aaja

The brother-sister duo chuckled lightly. Jannat spread her arms for a hug and Aarav accepted gladly with a smile. She placed her hand in his curly tufts of hair while his hand rubbed her back to calm her down. The camera zoomed out to reveal a picture of Anushma right behind where Jannat and Aarav were standing. Some relations stay alive forever, sometimes as bodies on Earth and sometimes as souls in heaven. 

Salute to the officers who have and continue to protect our country from such threats and who are ready to give up their lives for nation's sake. Without them, I wouldn't be writing this story today and you all wouldn't be reading it. Thank you so much for everything you've done for us and our country. Jai Hind 🇮🇳

2500+ words
Tried to write a timeline-based story for the first time, hope y'all like it. Do vote and comment if you did, and follow for more updates. I'll write the next part of YRHPK (continuing the storyline) within the next week for sure. 

Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Keजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें