2 || M I C A E L A

Family are the people that will always be by your side at all costs. They will give up their life without a second thought. Families are the only people you shouldn't doubt in the world, they are the first ones to know if there is something wrong with you.

They are not only there to be your family but also to be your best friends. A best friend you could tell everything without thinking twice. The people that are meant to make you happy and make incredible memories to look back at.

They are the people you should never doubt their loyalty or love for you. They are the ones that will be there to bring you up on your lowest in life and celebrate with you when you're on your highest.

That family can be whoever you want it to be. You are the one who decides who has the privilege of being your family. But normally it's always the family you were born in. For most blood does make you family, however, that's not my case. I chose my family. I didn't grow up with my family.

While everyone had a family the moment they were born I didn't. I only had a year with them before I was taken. A year that I don't remember. The only year I had with my biological family was forgotten and that was for the best. I grew up without them and I'm ok with that.

Because I have my own family. Even though I don't love them how I wish I could. I love them deeply but it's not always enough. I would give up my life for them in a second but it still wouldn't be enough for me. But they have always told me that it was. That being there with them was enough for them.

Even though I didn't show my affection to them, they said they could see them in my eyes and my actions. I always thought nobody would be able to read me but they have proved me wrong day by day. I've tried showing my emotions around them but I can't. I've tried really hard but in the end I gave up. It was too much for me.

I grew up being taught to never show emotion because it was a weakness and if I were to cry while she was beating me my punishment would only get worse every tear that would fall down my face. I learned my lesson when one of her punishments caused many broken bones and more scares to be littered around my body, which I had covered with tattoos. Some with meaning while others didn't have one.

So I never showed any emotion to anyone. I still don't, but Catalina. She's the only one to see my soft side well what's left of it. I'm cold, my face is always on a scowl, my eyes blank, not showing anything. That is who I am and I'm not going to change for anyone.

I received a phone call this morning of a detective named Chloe, asking for my presence at the police station. I knew why I was requested to be there because I'm always a step ahead. A person might find out about a situation a minute after but I would have already known since I was told the second it happens.

I knew it was only a matter of time before they came for me. Since they have never stopped looking for me. I was just hoping that I would be of age before that happens. Now I'm going to be obligated to move to where they live. I'm 17 and only needed four more months for my birthday. They have such fucking great timing.

Since it was barely six in the fucking morning I did my morning routine before getting dressed then heading out. It's fucking ironic how they think I would be awake at this ungodly hour. I am a morning person but it's fucking Saturday. I don't have to wake up at five today, and today is the only day I get to have me-time meaning I get to sleep the whole day.

I parked the car before walking to the front offices. Once the lady stoped taking her fucking time I headed to the fourth floor where Miss.Chloe is wating for me with her partner Lucifer, the name of the devil how ironic huh?

I stepped forward, drawing their attention to me, "Ms.Knight?"

"It's Ms.Rose. But yes I'm the one you called," I grumble. It was too early for me today. I want to go to sleep but nooo, I had to get my ass to the police station cause my daddy found me and want to take me home, I'm sooo fucking excited. That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

"Alright, Ms.Rose, we can talk inside my office since it's a private situation." She sounded hesitant while saying my name but still led the way.

"Well you were asked to come here because we unfortunately found that your mo-"

"You see Chloe is it? She isn't my mother. And what you're going to tell me I already know. She died during the night in a car accident. She was drunk and drove over a hill. Now my biological family are on their way here to pick me up so I could move in with them. Am I missing something," I looked straight into her eyes, daring her to go against me. As I said to fucking early.

While I waited for them to arrive I had my maids pack some of my things and send them to my mansion in New York City. Then I called my family.

"Hey, Micaela what's up," the one that picked up was David, my best friend since I was 10.

"Don't play dumb I'm not in the mood. If I didn't know any better I would say you didn't know anything. Now I'm calling to see when you guys are moving, or are you going to leave me alone with the devil and its offsprings."

"Damn who pissed in your cheeros this morning," he had the audacity to fucking laugh.

"Look David I'm going to drive over and when I get there I will dive a knife into your heart if you keep playing with me." I warned him. Making him stop since he knows I always follow up with my word. I was not one to back down when I promised something.

"Ok sorry Donna. We will be moving in about a week from now." He knew I was pissed off hence why he called me Donna.

With an okay I hung up on him, I wasn't one to say bye before ending the call, just a waste of time.

"Alright miss, your dad and older brother are here to pick you up. We wish you luck and hopefully we don't have to see each other again," she said with a smile.

I only rolled my eyes before waking out to see my father and brother standing next to the black SUV that would take us to the airport. It was surrounded by bodyguards not surprised at all since they were a part of the mafia. Well they were the Italian mafia.

I didn't even acknowledge them before getting inside the car and leaning my head on the window with headphones blasting music. Better than acknowledging their fucking stares. Creepy fucks.