18 || A N A L E E / C A L L U M

"We have to do something about this. We can't keep letting her do this to herself," said my twin brother David.

Right now we were in one of Micaela's penthouse bedrooms because after being one week locked in her bedroom at her biological family house she got annoyed with them always knocking on her door or asking questions.

So she packed some stuff, grabbed Catalina and she headed to one of her penthouses where she knew nobody would bother her. Though her family were worried about her they let her leave because they knew it was for the best and plus she needed space from everyone.

But what she hadn't realized at that moment was that we knew where all her penthouses and houses were and we had keys to them given by her for emergency purposes. So now here we were looking at a sleeping Micaela with a tear red stain face and a sleeping Catalina next to her.

She's a kind and good girl inside but she acts all tough because of the things she went through and I know that it's breaking her inside to not be able to be with the man she loves.

It's been two month since the situation with Callum happened. And things have not gotten better if anything they have been getting worse since the ball. I don't know what happened after we said our goodbyes but I think it has something to do with them two talking with each other.

This always happens when someone close to her betrays her or leaves her. Ever since he betrayed her, she had trust issues and it hit her really hard when someone she cares about leaves her.

So seeing as Callum hasn't talked to her or she hasn't seen him it hurts like hell for her because she loves him. And I know she loves him because of the way she smiles at him or how she talks about him to us. But right now she isn't doing well and there was only one person that could help her.

"We need to talk to Callum so he can talk to her and for them to fix their problems or she may not get through this as she did with the others, at least it won't be that easy," I said softly, not trying to wake the girls up.

Making up a plan we head out to try and convince someone that would only be the one to bring back our best friend.

Callum POV.

It's been two month since I have seen Micaela or talked to her. I have received texts from her and calls but I never answer them. Since that day at the ball I just couldn't talk to her. I exploded and I'll admit I did say something I regret but it was what I felt that moment.

It just hurts too much to think that she was just playing with me and that she never actually had feelings for me. I do miss talking to her or seeing her on a daily basis but I need time to think through all of this. I really want to believe her when she says that it's a misunderstanding but it's hard when I know what I heard.

I spent a month moping around but it was time to continue with life so I moved on to my life. I really didn't have time to sit down and cry anymore, not that I would like to, it would just pain me more than it already is.

To distract myself I've been studying and working more than I usually do. And with the beating I get at home I feel like that's my punishment for thinking that I could ever be happy.

When we first started to talk and go on dates I felt like she could be my escape from my personal hell and that she could free me from my parents but I guess who I needed saving from was from her.

The sound of the bell ringing let me know that school was over and I needed to head home fast because if I were to be late I would be punished as it was a rule to not be late in my house, if you can call it that. I was crossing the student parking lot when Micaela's two best friends blocked my way.

"We need to talk to you," said Ana.

"Well can we do that another time? I have to head home now," I said.

"No, this is really important, we need you to come with us and on the way there we will explain everything," David said.

The both of them grabbed one of my arms then started to drag me toward their car. Once we were on the road Ana Lee started to explain what was happening and why they needed me to go with them.

"Ok so, since everything went down that Saturday morning things have not been going good for Micaela. She has locked herself in her room and she would not come out, not even to eat so we need you to talk to her. She also has gotten worse since the ball but I think you were a part of that so you may know why. I just need you to talk to her and let her explain."

"Why would I want to talk to her when she was the one that betrayed me, she hurt me a lot, why should I help her," I whispered sadly looking out the window, remembering that night.

"Because you love her and she loves you back. Just listen to her and let her explain what you heard that morning. I am just letting you know she didn't betray you, when you talk to her you would get to know the whole truth. Just please give her a chance, you are the only one that could save her from herself," David said softly.

"Fine, I will give her a chance. I just hope it's not the wrong choice." The last part I said it softly so I was the only one to hear it.

Let's just hope I didn't make the wrong decision on letting her explain herself.