21 || T H I R D / M I C A E L A

Third Person POV.

He was in shock. Shock to learn that the girl he fell head over heels is the queen of a mafia. Sure he didn't know much about what went around him but that didn't mean he didn't hear the things that went around.

He had heard people talking about The Heartless Queen at his workplace. Though he would pay much attention to it. All he knew was that she was a legend and was a really dangerous woman.

However, he would have never guessed that the girl he loves is that woman. He could come to terms with it seeing as since the day he saw her, Callum felt the power oozing out of her.

Although knowing all of this he wasn't scared. He knew that Micaela would never hurt him intentionally. Now knowing she didn't betray him. What was more shocking to him was her past. Callum could have never guessed anything similar happening to her.

She was so kind and sweet to him that he had never believed that something that horrific could happen to her. Knowing all of this didn't bother him or make him love her less than he did two months ago.

Though he was scared. He was scared of what all of this could mean to their relationship, if there is even one. As for Micaela, she wasn't much worried about telling him her story; she was more worried about his answer.

His answer is where he will tell her if he would stay with her and try to form a relationship or leave her in the past. She so badly wanted to be with him but forcing him was never an option for her. Micaela didn't want to force him to stay with her because that would make Callum love her; it would only make him hate her.

And she knew that. That's why she decided to leave it up to him. It was his decision if he wanted to break her heart and take it with him or stay with her and help her heal it from her traumas. Through all of this only one thought was going through his head. He was praying to god that she didn't know.

Micaela's POV.

My right leg was bouncing up and down reflecting how nervous I really was. Seeing as my face was straight with no emotion in them.

I didn't have any emotions on my face because I didn't want him to see me broken. Or how I would be broken when he says that he doesn't want to be with me because of all the baggage I carry.

I was mostly scared of his decision. That was the only thing that was making me feel nervous and anxious for the first time in a while.

Because it was all up to him. And that was the thing that scared me. He could go away and leave me behind but the thing was that he wouldn't be leaving with nothing. If he left he would also be taking my broken heart.

My heart only belongs to him. So if he leaves he would take it with him. I don't and won't let someone else take his place if he does. It's only reserved for only one person. That's him.

"I made my decision," he softly said while turning to look me in the eyes.

"Well, what is it?" I tried to hide my urgency for him to tell me but I don't think it worked.

"I chose to..."