17 || M I C A E L A

Even though I didn't want to go because of the situation I am going through right now I'm being obligated to go by my mother. I know she's just dying to get me out of my room. But I don't know if I can make it through the night without getting mad at someone.

It's the weekend and this whole week I have been up in my room not letting anyone in. I was starting to get annoyed with them because they don't understand that I just want to be alone.

When I don't want to people I love to leave, they leave, but then there are those who I don't want in my life to leave, they don't they stay like they are fucking glued to me.

Today was Amber's birthday party. My mom was the only one that I allowed to come into my room and she obligated me, in a way, to go to the party at least until we sang to the little slut. I really wasn't in the mood but at least it would help to get him out of my mind.

This morning my mom and I went to get our nails done, and waxed our brows. We talked about things but she never mentioned him to which I was really grateful for.

Currently I am getting ready for the ball party. It was already afternoon and it will take a few hours to get ready and then I had to get to the place that was hosting the party since the ballroom in this house was too small for the little daddy girl.

A few hours passed before I was finally done. I put on the gown I bought for this specific day. I really didn't want to wear it, it was his favorite color.

I had bought it this color because he was going to be my date to the party, but now I feel stupid for buying this dress

I had bought it this color because he was going to be my date to the party, but now I feel stupid for buying this dress. Just thinking about him brings tears to my eyes. But I had to go, I made a promise to mom to go, and I always go through with my word.

I whipped the tears away before heading out to the limousine that was waiting for me outside. I was running a bit late but I'll just be fashionably late. Catalina was at my main house with her babysitter and the house was securely guarded by my mafia men.

I left her with them because I had said earlier there are going to be important people attending, especially mafia families. I wasn't worried because none of them know me besides good friends.

Arriving at the place, the driver got out, opened my door, I took his hand pulling myself out of the car with his help. Saying my thanks I walked into the hotel before walking to the back where the ballroom was. Breathing in I pushed the doors open making a loud noise, gaining the attention of all the people below.

It felt like I was Cinderella, I was fashionably late, in a blue gown, I had to wait until twelve until I could go home, when she entered the room she got all the attention. The only thing that was missing was my prince. The prince that would rescue me from all evil.

The ballroom was similar to the live action Cinderella. I walked down the stairs ignoring all the looks I was receiving, but I felt one burning straight through me.

I looked the way I felt it coming from only to see Amber on the main table up on the stage but what I was not expecting to see was Callum. There he was next to her, as her date I would presume, it only broke me even more to see him with her.

Why is he here? Why is he here with Amber turd? He knows I don't like her, I always talk shit about her to him because I confided in him my hatred for her and how her family is my biological family. But there he was sitting next to her all tense. Just like he always is when he's uncomfortable.

"Come on, Micaela. Forget about him for now-" I heard Ana Lee say before blocking her voice.

She grabbed my arm pulling me over to the table where my family were sitting. I took a seat next to my ma, letting myself fall into her awaiting arms. We stayed like that for a long time while the fam talked about random things and my mind being on a particular person.

"Hey, Mica I heard the birthday girl's name is Amber, is that true just like the bed shitter," David asked.

I nodded my head that was still glued to my ma's chest. I was always a baby when it came to her. She was something else, I could let myself break and she would never judge me. That's why I love her.

"My dog stepped on a bee," Ana mimicked her face and voice.

It brought a little smile to my face. They were the ones that would always cheer me up when I was down or when I entered one of the worst depression stages. They've always been there for me just like they are right now.

Time went faster than I thought but being with my family did help a little, it distracted me from looking over at him. They sang happy birthday to her, they danced, took pictures, and then the party ended. I did stay until the end with the fam not wanting to go home only to lock myself in my room which I will do after.

We were all getting ready to leave when I saw him go towards the hallway where the restrooms were by himself. I didn't plan on talking to him but I just want to fix this misunderstanding. Not being able to talk to him or see him this whole week has been hard on me.

So I said my goodbyes to my family and went to where the restrooms were. I waited outside the hallway for him to get out, I looked around to see that nobody was here anymore. So it was only him and I in the whole ballroom.

"Callum can we talk," I asked once I saw him walking out the door.

"No Micaela."

"Please beb-"

"Please Micaela just stop, I don't want to talk to you right now. I need more time, maybe forever. I came tonight with Amber to see you at least this once if it were to be the last time. But I can't talk to you, you don't know how much it hurt me to learn that you had a baby but that wasn't the big deal, the problem of this whole situation is that you were with someone else while you were trying to get with me."

"I put all my trust in you when I shouldn't have. I believed that you could have been my person but I guess I was never yours. I believed you wouldn't hurt me as they do but in the end you hurt me to no point in return. You broke my heart more than it already was, I never believed in love but the day I saw you I fell for you. Oh god did I fall for you so fast and so hard yet it wasn't returned by you because you already had someone else in your heart," he wiped his eyes wiping away the evidence of him crying.

"It's all a mis-" I tried again.

"A misunderstanding, yeah Micaela you've said that many times but I can't believe in you. I know what I heard the other day, it was crystal clear that you were just playing with me and my feelings. I really wanted this to work, for us to build a future together but it's evident that it won't be happening with the two of us."

"Callum you-"

"No Micaela!! I'm done with all of this. Just stop trying, it's not going to work, give me time and maybe when I'm a bit more calm I can talk to you but not right now. Not when I have my heart in millions of pieces scattered all around me. Give me some time, goodbye Micaela."

He turned his back to me. Yet again I was letting him go away. Seeing how he walked out the ballroom with my heart in his hands for the second time.