01 - malleus

three thumps (everytime i fall deeper in love)
feat. lilia, amused that malleus milked a cow

never in his fae life did malleus draconia ever thought that he would seek advices and take lessons on how to *properly* court someone. he has lived his life believing that he would never pursue a human– because a love story of a fae and a human is always doomed to a tragic end.

that is, until you showed up in all your glory.

“well, subtle hints does not seem to be enough to charm the lady.. why not try a more direct approach?” was the reply malleus received from his guardian.

but what could be more direct than his *failed* attempts at flirting?

he always brings you small trinkets that reminded him of you, always shares his food with you, always makes your bed for you before you sleep and tucks you in as well. malleus does this 24/7 like a routine and yet, you're still somehow clueless of the fact that he's trying to court you.

something is definitely off, and malleus just knows that whatever the problem may be, it's not you. which leads to him thinking that maybe the problem lies with how he expresses his feelings. maybe he does need to be more direct? maybe this time, actions does not speak louder than words?

taking malleus' silence as a form of response, as well as a sign, lilia then excused himself with a knowing grin. ‘aah, young love..’ he cooed before leaving the dorm leader alone with his thoughts.

maybe sometimes, actions does not speak louder than words after all. otherwise, why does this relationship advice book make so much sense?

“‘ sometimes, when doing small acts of service is not enough, a change of scenery is all you need! take them out on a cute romantic date- in other words, set up a romantic mood where you can freely express yourself without any worry. ”’

“a cute romantic date..?” and now malleus has a new agenda: to find a book that defines a cute romantic date. but before he could take another step forward, he seemed to have bumped into someone.

“oh! my bad, i wasn't exactly paying attention– oh, you dropped your book! i'm sorry, here you go!” looking down, it was kalim, the cheery dorm leader of house scarabia. behind him was another man who, malleus noted, seemed to be the vice dorm leader.

“ooh! that's an interesting book you've got there!” kalim exclaims, “are you on your way to return it? if so, let me do it instead! i did bump into you!”

malleus paused, before shaking his head. “no need, i also need to find another book on my way.” the fae explained. but kalim, as pure as his intentions were, was a stubborn man. “oh! what book were you looking for? let me help you find it!” kalim insisted to help.

“.. i wish to find a book that explains what a cute romantic date means.” malleus surrenders.

kalim blinks before breaking into a wide smile, “that's it? then i can help with that!” before malleus could even do anything, kalim plops unto the seat opposite to his. the male accompanying kalim shortly follows, but not without a sigh.

malleus could not help but give in, for he'd rather not waste his time trying to go against someone as stubborn as the dorm leader of house scarabia.

oh, this was going to be one hell of a ride.

today was the d–day.

after taking a deep breath, malleus began to head out to find the person who occupied his mind 24/7.