15 - lilia

a love that surpasses time
feat. lilia still loving u even though u were a spy in ur 223rd life
a soulmate + reincarnation au

a nightmare.

this was a nightmare– you wish this was just a nightmare.

except that it wasn't, and you're living in the reality and not actually dreaming of the fact that your country has fallen and your title as the crown princess is no longer.

“my lady!” you went completely still when you were abruptly held up by your arm. in the corner of your eyes, you could barely see the kneeling figure of your maid, shaking and sobbing with her hands tied and secure in the hold of another soldier's.

“unhand me!” you thrashed within the man's tight grasp, only to fail.

“let the crown princess go. i'll be taking her with me.” you swallowed the lump in your throat when another voice spoke up. his voice was deep, and there was a strange aura about him that screams authority and danger.

you did not dare to look up, already intimidated by the presence of this man. he seems to be of higher ranking, seeing as the rough man grabbing you by your arm immediately let go upon his order.

you kept your head down even as you felt the man approach you. “surely, you know what i was talking about when i said i'll be taking you with me.” the man said, but even though you grew up being taught to always look at someone when they're speaking, you settled on staring only at the man's shoes.

but it wasn't long before a hand gently grabs your chin, tilting your head up. “it pains me that my bride won't even look at me.” the man playfully commented, but it wasn't exactly the right time for a person to jest, especially when it's a matter concerning marriage of all things.

if you weren't currently experiencing an adrenaline rush, you would have noticed by now the burning feeling on your left wrist.

“oh, i apologize. i just find it less trivial, especially for someone who chose a random stranger to be his bride without even properly asking her hand in marriage, so i never thought it would offend you.” you snapped back with a passive-agressive tone.

the man only chuckled in amusement, before calling for the other soldiers, giving orders right and left. “search for more maids. the crown princess will be taking them with her.” he says before bringing back his attention to you. “and as for you, you shall come with me.” he made no move to wait for you nor your reply, immediately turning on his heels to leave.

“my lady, we will be okay. it might be best to follow him, he doesn't seem to have the slightest intention to hurt you– unlike these other knights.” one of your maids spoke up, as you only sniffled. as much as you want to deny the reality and stay here with your maids, the rational side in you argued that nothing good would come out of being stubborn. especially in this situation where you had no one at your side.

“that was quicker than i thought.” the man commented as soon as you followed him, picking up your pace so you could catch up. silence filled the air as you showed no intention of replying and neither did the man showed intentions of starting another conversation.

this was it, you thought. you're now going to be forced into marriage with a completely random stranger who killed thousands of people– worse, your people.

no one's going to oppose the marriage– you have no one by your side. your parents are gone, your siblings are gone, your friends are gone– no one is going to stop lilia vanrouge from taking you as spoils of war.