13 - malleus

of snow-capped apples, umbrellas, and yellow dresses
feat. a very proud lilia bc malleus finally brought home a s/o!! oh, she's not..?

ever since malleus draconia stepped into night raven college, he has never once met the human named y/n l/n.

some say she was like a princess that you'd typically see only in movies, animals naturally flock around her. others say she was like an angel sent by the heavens above, wherever she goes only good things follow. there were so many descriptions of the human named y/n l/n that malleus wasn't sure anymore what was true and not.

but what's common in what he has gathered from hearsays, this particular human was extremely kind and selfless with a nurturing personality, which was quite the contrast, considering the dorm she was sorted into: savanaclaw.

malleus could only wonder how on twisted wonderland have they not met yet. you and him are both second years! surely, he has already, at the very least, seen you around the campus! except that he hasn't and although you were quite the popular student in night raven college, malleus rarely went outside the comfort of his dorm with the exception of attending his classes or looking for gargoyles.

he, in his whole life, has never went out of his way to befriend someone, a human at that. which is why he couldn't really blame you.

"has anyone seen malleus?"

aah, right. he was currently running away from lilia.

before lilia or anybody else could see him, malleus already disappeared in thin air, only to reappear around ramshackle dorm.

"flo? please come back! it's raining!"

malleus blinked. indeed, it was raining. but why can he spot a human donned in a bright yellow dress holding an umbrella while walking around an abandoned building when it's raining cats and dogs?

"flo? please stop hiding, you'll get sick in the rain..!"

flo? is that the name of the puppy circling around him? malleus was as still as a stone, ony looking down at the dog wagging its tail while walking around him in circles.

"eh? aah, flo! there you are! thank goodness!" you exclaimed when you saw your dog now sitting on top of someone's shoe. flo ran up to you as you crouched to pick her up, before looking at the student who was clearly soaked in the rain.

"oh, hello, thank you," malleus blinked- why were you thanking him? and who are you? he has never seen you around the campus.

"are you okay? you'll get sick at this rate." you comment, gesturing at his soaked figure. you looked down at flo when you felt her shaking form in your arms.

malleus was taken aback when you pushed your clear umbrella unto his hands. "as soon as you go home, you might want to take a warm bath so you won't catch a cold." you said, fishing out your handkerchief from your pocket. tiptoeing, you leaned to wipe away the droplets of rain on his face before pushing the handkerchief unto his other hand.

"please take care!" you said, bowing before running back into ramshackle dorm to seek shelter from the rain. malleus stood in his place, watching you until you (hesitantly) entered the abandoned building.

... this was by far the strangest encounter he had with a human.

malleus squinted his eyes, admiring the intricate details of the embroidery in the handkerchief you gave him. he could still remember the smell of vanilla from your handkerchief.

malleus teleported back to the dorm that day with a small smile on his face. when can he meet you again? he would like to return the umbrella and the handkerchief.. and have a chance to talk to you again.