04 - ace

a freshman's power!
feat. grim giving you his can of tuna aww

“i take it back, ace is a total asshole.”

grim's eyes followed your shaking figure across the room. “and you're just now figuring that out?”  he comments as you huffed, “tsk, i can already feel a headache comi–” you were cut off when you suddenly sneezed.

“aah, fuck,” you cursed under your breath as you dashed to the bathroom to take a quick warm shower. afterwards, you dried yourself and made hot cocoa to warm yourself. “i swear if i catch a cold because of him...” you mumbled with an irritated sigh.

“what exactly happened for you to come home drenched? i thought you brought your umbrella?” grim asked as he nudged a can of tuna for you to open.

“i did. but then ace trappola, that sneaky son of a bitch, decided that it was funny to poke holes in my umbrella. i was on my way home from paying malleus a visit in his dorm when it rained. there was nowhere to find shelter from the rain so i just ran but then the rain got heavier.” you explained with a sigh, clicking your tongue as you remembered how much it costed you to buy that umbrella.

“that was a bit more on the expensive side too..” you closed your eyes, still irritated. grim only looks at you, concern lacing his eyes. “ace takes his pranks too far sometimes.” your companion said while he chewed on his tuna.

“hah.. let's just hope it doesn't develop into a nasty cold tomorrow.” you said as you headed to the bedroom, telling grim you're going to bed early today.

you probably jinxed yourself.

“should i just stay with you after all?” grim asked once again when you sneezed for the umpteenth time. “no, you should go to school. you're feeling well, there's no reason as to why you have to skip school.” you replied between coughs and sniffles.

“.. well then, just remember to take your medicine and rest. the great grim will be back before you know it.” grim said as you waved him off, nodding.

although grim is such a handful, he really does care for you and that's more than enough to make you forgive him everytime he gets the two of you in trouble.

turning in your bed, you stared into the ceiling of your room. “.. hi there,” you got so bored all alone you entertained yourself by talking to the lizard that was on the ceiling. “how's life been for you, bud?” you broke into an amused grin when the lizard only stared back at you.

“yeah, i get that. life's just so hard you know? and especially for you, it must be hard being so small out the–” you were just trying to have a little chat with the lizard when suddenly he disappeared. and the next thing you knew, the lizard was falling.

right unto your face.

you rolled over so fast that you fell from your bed with a loud thud. “ack!” you yelped as you rubbed your behind, glaring at the lizard who was now in your bed. “you rude little...” you cursed under your breath before sneezing because of the dust on the floor.

“hell no, i'm going to school. i just can't deal with this today.” you muttered as you dragged your heavy body into the bathroom.

you knew you shouldn't take a bath while you're having a fever but you don't wanna go in there where a certain pomefiore housewarden could nag at you all day long for showing up with greasy hair sticking to your sweaty forehead.

nuh-uh.

“well, if i faint, i'd be transferred to the school infirmary. better than staying in a room where bugs are creeping everywhere.” you said, convincing yourself that going to school while sick was a good idea.