17 - malleus

lullabies to the warrior without a sword
feat. lilia holding an enraged malleus back and said enraged malleus highkey threatening crowley to stop dumping all his work unto you

-

"- aah, lately it has come to my attention that ramshackle dorm's food expenses has been..."

whatever gibberish crowley was babbling about all sounded like white noise to your ears- if it was the unhealthy amount of coffee you drank to keep you awake or if it was the lack of sleep- you weren't sure anymore.

you tried to focus on swallowing down the bile that threatened to come up to your throat.

you didn't know how long it has been since you were experiencing signs of fatigue- a week or two, maybe? you couldn't afford to keep count of the days anymore due to the heavy work crowley had been dumping unto you for the past weeks.

grim only looked up to your pale complexion. the bags under your eyes and the way you looked restless was very concerning. "hey, are you okay?" grim tried to ask, but just as usual, you brushed off his concern.

"yeah.. yes, i'm okay, nothing my nasal inhaler can't fix." you said, clearing your throat. you pat down your pockets just to find your nasal stick missing. swallowing down once again, you begin to feel more frantic now that your go-to relaxant was missing.

you swore you brought it with you before you left for school earlier morning.

remembering if you really did bring your nasal stick this morning only made your head hurt- for some reason you couldn't remember clearly anymore. was it yesterday? the other day? aah, you didn't know anymore.

"hey! why are you always threatening y/n?! it's not even her fault that she was sent here by the black carriage..!" grim argued, bringing you back from your thoughts.

before crowley can rebut, you immediately intervened, "no, no- it's fine, i can do it, really. just give me more time, i'll get it done soon." you were already working part-time at mostro lounge- you can't work more to pay for your food expenses if crowley decides to cut off the food allowance.

at this, the headmage immediately beamed. "alright! i'm counting on you! oh, and don't forget to hand me the paperwork i gave you the other day. i need it today before the sun sets!"

you were already juggling your schoolwork, part-time job, looking out for grim and your friends, saving people from overblots, completing the headmage's tasks- it's just one more, right?

at this point, a small part of you knew that you were only fooling yourself but nothing harmful right?

just one more stack adding to the tower of work crowley had been assigning to you.

"you're not even supposed to be doing that, that's his work as the headmage!" grim complained as soon as the two of you left the office. you only gave grim a bitter smile, "we can't help it. maybe he's been having lots of work too."

grim only huffed. "you're literally doing all the work! he's just passing it unto you so he could slack off and have a lovely vacation by himself!" you only kept silent.

i mean, it is true. ever since the headmage found out that you were familiar with doing paperwork since you excelled at it back in your world, he's been making you do his.

at first, you only agreed because you felt bothered with the fact that he's the one paying for your expenses during your stay here. but then the "just one stack" became two, and then three, and then four- then before you knew it, he had already been sending you boxes full of unfinished paperwork.