14 - floyd

the two-week distress of a lovestruck eel
feat. azul in a good mood ever since floyd stopped having his daily mood swings

"floyd, whatever is the matter?"

jade blinked at the sight of his twin hunched over like a ball, brooding in the leftmost side of the couch. an imaginary dark and depressing aura surrounds floyd– others would mistake him as a widowed man if they see him.

"floyd," jade called once again, but to no avail.

well, that wasn't a surprise.

even if floyd wouldn't say it, jade can already guess what caused his twin's bad mood. it was you– the cheery and affectionate transferee who became his twin's lover. well, "lover".

floyd was an honest man– cunning at times, but honest.

but even jade would doubt his twin if said twin says that he had successfully asked you, the (most) oblivious sophomore out to be his lover– which he "did".

but jade doesn't believe that. he thinks that the part where floyd asked you out was true, but the part where you answer a "yes" was kind of.. hard to imagine. he doubts you even knew what floyd was talking about when he was confessing.

and yes, this was the kind of person you were.

"oh? jade! and floyd! what are you guys up to?" – anddd here comes the devil.

floyd perked when an oh-so-familiar voice reached his ears. it was you!

jade only gave you a nod of acknowledgement.

"wah! y/n (chan)! did you c'mere for me? didja? you came in a good time! i was feeling upset but now that you're here, i'm in a good mood now!" 

aah, seriously, jade can't bear the sight of his twin becoming putty in your hands and you being unaware of it.

"really? i'm glad i was a good help!" your tone was cheery and the smile you had on your face was bright– oh dear, jade knew in an instant that you had no idea what floyd was talking about.

"oh, right! azul asked me to come here, i wonder where he is..." you were searching around the area to look for the housewarden, when suddenly, a huge tall figure blocked your vision.

it was floyd, arms crossed and a displeased look on his face.

'he is jealous.' jade observed in amusement.

"so you didn't come here for me! hmph! why are you looking for azul anyway..!" floyd asked with a large frown. to jade, an observer, floyd looked just like a child throwing a tantrum.

"oh, i was just told by a student that azul was looking for me.." – to brighten up floyd's mood so he would finally go back to work, jade guessed.

"eh? are you mad?" the pure innocence in your big doe eyes only made floyd weak on the knees. he just can't get mad at you, can he?

"hmph..! i'll only forgive you if you let me give you a squeeze." .. well, he can't get angry at you but he can squeeze you, yes.

and this is probably jade's cue to leave.

although in the first place, he intended to confront his twin regarding his.. relationship(?) problems, he decided to let the two of you be for now.

he can always ask floyd about his "confession" in another day.

"so? what's on your mind this time?"

jade asked, finding floyd in the same depressing mood he was in on the other day.