02 - leona

only if it's for you

feat. deuce giving you a stern stare after school hours

“where could he be?”

you thought out loud as you searched for a certain dorm head around the garden. usually, finding leona was not a challenge. because he was always found in the botanical garden, taking his daily cat nap. either that, or, he would be at the courtyard behind the prefect's dorm– napping as well.

but oddly enough, on this particular day, he seems to be nowhere to be found.

“leo..!” not here.

“leo..!” not here either.

“just where could leo be?” you heaved another sigh, exiting the botanical garden. you decided to head to the main building while wondering where to go next.

“oi, y/n! what are you doing here? class is starting in ten..!” you turned just to see ace and deuce. “oh, ace, deuce! strange to see grim and yuu not around you.” you greeted, approaching the duo.

“we told them to get to class first, we were looking for you.” deuce explained, pointing behind him. “yeah, what were you doing here, anyway?” ace asked, putting his hands behind his head in a carefree manner.

“i was looking for leona, professor crewel asked me to make sure leona attends his class today. apparently, mister crowley is watching over the whole period.”— that's right. usually, the professor would ask ruggie, given that he was leona's assistant, but of all days, ruggie called in sick today.

honestly, what's with today?

“that arrogant bastard is probably out sleeping somewhere, better give up and just tell professor crewel that you couldn't find him.” ace said, before rolling his eyes when you raised a brow at the insult. “how could i possibly do that? professor crewel would be disappointed if he doesn't see leona in his class.” you countered, hands fidgeting anxiously.

“haa, this is exactly why professor crewel asked you. he knew you would complete his task.” ace muttered under his breath, shaking his head. seeing as you wouldn't back down, ace only sighed, already heading towards your classroom. “.. alright alright, we'll leave you to it, stubborn head.”

your lips curled into a frown at the nickname, but nonetheless appreciated your friend looking out for you. “although i doubt you would arrive to class early, at least try not to be absent for this afternoon's classes, y/n.” deuce says with a slight smile. 

“oi, deuce, hurry your ass up! we still have to change to our pe uniform!” ace half-yells, waiting for deuce a few steps away from you. “alright, see you around, and good luck, y/n.” deuce gives your shoulder a pat before jogging over to ace.

“if professor vargas asks for me, please tell him professor crewel gave me tasks! thank you!” you said in a voice loud enough for the duo to hear. after seeing them give a thumbs up, you then head to the hall of mirrors to go to savanaclaw's dorm.

“he better be here, i'm already starving..” you mumbled as you rubbed your stomach. going through the mirror connected to savanaclaw's dorm, you were surprised to see a lot of students still hanging around here.

‘aren't they supposed to be in class?’ you wondered, suddenly feeling small at the amount of eyes watching your form. after all, you were all alone in an unfamiliar territory with no friends beside you, of course you would feel intimidated.