10 - various

a contract ditched by the witch
snippets of an au of twst with a housewarden!reader (part ii)

"next! l/n y/n!"

a series of gasps echoed throughout the hall. you paid no mind to their shock as you ascended the stairs to stand on the platform where the mirror was placed. arriving near the mirror, you stifled a yawn as you waited for the mirror to announce your dorm.

"amére!"

shock was evident on almost all the faces of every student in the hall, except for you.

"goodness! after all those years– at last, amére's dorm will finally house a student!" you turn your head at the loud voice. you recognized his unusual attire as the headmage's.

"where am i supposed to go?"

during the ceremony, new students sit on the front rows while old students who are already assigned their dorms always sit on the back. their chairs are divided in seven sections– from the rightmost side is heartslabyul, followed by savanaclaw, octavinelle.. and so on and so forth until diasomnia. after knowing which dorm you belong, every student is expected to stay with their dorm-mates.

but you were the first student assigned to amére– where are you supposed to go?

"ahem..!" you watched as the headmage cleared his throat. you ignored his mumbles of apologies for "losing my composure".

"aah, yes, yes. for now, please do stay next to diasomnia." with a flick of his pen, the headmage had materialized a chair out of nowhere.

but it was by no means an ordinary chair. it was designed according to house amére's aesthetics; silver, black, and navy blue.

to you and the others, as new students, it may seem normal but to those were familiar with the customs of night raven college– they knew it was not a normal chair. it was symbolic.

it's a housewarden's chair.

"as the sole amére student, you shall become the housewarden by default." crowley announced as everyone gasped– but they can't do anything. after all, you are the sole student in amére.

"what? i never agreed to that." you narrowed your brows. "i'm sorry but you have no choice, miss l/n. after all, you–" you raised a hand to interrupt the headmage. as rude as it may be, you didn't care. you weren't sent here in night raven college to play house. the role of a housewarden would just become a burden.

"nah, i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one to be assigned amére in here." you said as you scanned the crowd and pointed at two girls that caught your eye. "the two over there– they're amére students, aren't they?" you looked back at the mirror for a confirmation.

and it was true.

with a loud gasp, crowley had almost cried tears of joy. "oh, great seven! three students assigned in amére! this day shall be written down in history!"

you only smiled in success as you fixed your new robes. "this calls for a celebration!" crowley had suggested as you waited for him to regain his composure. "so, does that mean i'm not housewarden anymore?" you asked hopefully. but it wasn't long before you were met with disappointment.

"as per amére's customs, the person with the highest magical power will be crowned housewarden."

oh, this was easy. all you had to do was purposefully lose. no biggie.

"aah but of course, we'll have the magic gauge measure your magical power for a more accurate measurement." crowley explained.

"therefore, there will be no battle between the three of you."