16 - azul

the tantalizing scent of blood, untainted skin, and a corrupted heart
feat. everyone thinks that an octo-mer + a vampire is a rare pair– it's true

azul rarely regrets anything.

he's the kind of person who thinks thoroughly and carefully considers every possible outcome of every possible decision. basically, before even making a decision, you can expect that he has already foreseen the risks and consequences of that certain decision— which is why he never really regrets anything.

but it seems that it's such an unusual day today, because azul ashengrotto finds himself regretting a decision he made half a year ago.

it all started when he first saw you enter the hall of mirrors. you stood out in the crowd, especially with that fangs of yours always shown because of that seemingly permanent grin on your face.

somehow you've made an impression on him– if it was your looks, personality, or your overall charm, azul had no idea– but at that time it wasn't enough for him to strike a deal with you. what really became the trigger was when you became the talk of the town in nrc because of your skills– to be precise, money-making skills.

it was a school fair and all dorms have to open their booths. the dorm that makes the most profit gets to have a reward of their choice. usually at these kinds of events, diasomnia comes second-to-the last– if not last– because they either scare off customers with their intimidating presence or their customers get scared of what they're selling.

but surprisingly, this year's school fair ended with diasomnia ranking second only to octavinelle. their ace member? you.

it was then and there that azul decided: he needs you at mostro lounge. you were the greatest asset if he were to have you– attractive enough to lure in customers, smart enough to handle business, and skilled enough to be able to market just about anything– he bets he could ask you to sell dirt and you'd be able to make millions of thaumarks out of it.

in any case, you were the total package and azul would rather die than pass up the chance of recruiting someone like you.

which leads back to his current state as of the moment: limping through the corridors with his collars unbuttoned, his clothes dishevelled, and his hand latched on his neck.

anyone who passes by him would easily misunderstand, but really, nothing like that happened! all he did was keep up his end of the deal.

... which was, in simple terms, to be your personal blood bag.

“aah, the insane increase in our sales is delightful but i have to say, to have to deal with this every week is so troublesome...” azul mumbled to himself as he stopped in front of the club room to compose himself. he could end his deal with you any moment now but he won't because there's too many boon than bane– there's no way azul would say no to money.

pushing the doors open, the sight of an unusual pair inside the usually-empty club was quite a surpise for azul.

“well, well, if it isn't riddle and kalim! welcome to the board game club!” he greeted with one of his business smiles.

“oh, azul.. i always seem to forget the fact that you're a member of the board game club.” riddle greets him with a nod. “oh yeah, me too!  maybe it's because– wait,” kalim suddenly paused, suddenly staring fixedly on azul.

with riddle and idia's eyes now on him as well, azul blinked, suddenly feeling too conscious of himself. he cleared his throat, “what's the matter?” he asked, raiding a brow.