18 - various

the not-so-wicked witch and the red boy
snippets of an au of twst with a housewarden!reader (part iii)

“have you seen a cute-sized boy with red hair around?”

you only suppressed a sigh when the student shook his head. “alright, thanks.” growing weary of your continuous failed attempts, you decided to walk to the nearest bench to rest for a while.

“what could've gotten him so hurried that he forgot his notes? it's so unusual of him to be forgetful.” you mumbled to yourself, looking down at the maroon notebook in your lap as you traced the name imprinted on it.

“riddle rosehearts! i challenge you to a duel!”

your eyes slightly widened hearing the same name on the notebook. “thank sevens, i finally found you...” you breathed out before jogging over to the commotion nearby.

“red hair: check.. cute-size: check.. yeah, that's riddle rosehearts, alright.” staring at the scene in front of you made you inwardly sigh. there's tension in the air between a heartslabyul student and your seatmate. although it did make you curious about what they're arguing about since as far as you knew riddle was a level-headed guy, you didn't wish to involve yourself in bothersome and unnecessary ruckus.

“i am quite sure we both know what the outcome of this duel will be, but regardless, i suppose i should give you an applause for your bravery, at the very least.” riddle replied, crossing his arms. the student before him only swallowed in shame.

“oh and worry not, i shall write a formal request to the headmage in order to make this an official duel. you are going for my housewarden seat, are you not?” without waiting for a reply, riddle already turned on his heels to walk away.

ah.” was the only thing you said when you came face-to-face with riddle. he barely gave you a glance as you scrambled to hand him his notebook. but alas, he has already walked past you.

“wait,” you called, grabbing the cuff of his uniform. “what–” riddle paused when he recognized you, “oh, it's you.”

“yeah, it's me. i came to return this to you,” you said, handing him his notebook. “you left it on your desk earlier. i didn't open it, don't worry.” riddle only stared at his notebook, seemingly baffled as well at the fact that he left his notebook on his desk. he looked back up to express his thanks, only to find no trace of you.

riddle looked around searching for you but to no avail. it's like you've disappeared in thin air.

the next time he sees you was the next day. as soon as he enters the classroom, he spots you sitting on top of your desk with your legs swaying back and forth.

aah yes, contrast to your laidback nature and the lazy-student vibes you give off, you were actually a diligent student. you go to class very early, earlier than riddle rosehearts himself– which surprised him.

riddle clears his throat as he approached you. “y/n, correct?” he called, making you pause and look up from the notes you were reading. “yeah?” with a raise of a brow, you promptly closed your notebook. but the way your fingers tapped impatiently on the hard cover of the notebook tells riddle how much you wanted to just ignore him and go back to reading.

“.. i believe i owe you my thanks– for yesterday, i mean.” he says, raising his notebook as an attempt to help you remember. “oh. yeah, sure, no problem.” you replied nonchalantly before going back to what you were doing previously, now completely ignoring riddle's presence.