New rivals and old friends

Hiyori arrives at the academy

"Hey Hiyo-chan!  You made it!"  Hiyori turned and saw Naruto cheerfully waving his arms at her in excitement.  Sasuke was standing behind Naruto, leaning against the hallway with crossed arms, and pretending he had nothing to do with Naruto. 

"Hey Naruto, hey Sasuke!"  She walks over and hugs Sasuke, who blushes slightly.  Naruto looks behind himself at the two, chuckling with this evil face.  Sasuke gives him an equally evil glare.  After some time, Sakura arrives.  Hiyori politely says nothing about her tardiness, and they walk toward the designated room together.

It was easy to see which room was the right one due to the crowd of Genin standing in front of it.  However when they arrived, the first thing they saw was a boy being pushed to the ground by two ninja.  One of them snorted, "is someone as talentless as you really planning to take the Chunin exams?"  Our heroes (minus Sakura) push through the crowd of Genin to get a better look.  Hiyori looks up at the door number absentmindedly, accidentally seeing right through the feeble Genjutsu.  'Why are we waiting here?  This is the second floor, we need to get to the third floor.'

"Come on guys," Hiyori says, turning around.  She grabs a dumbfounded Naruto and starts to drag him away.  Sasuke stares at her, a little disappointed.  He had also noticed the Genjutsu and had wanted to show off.

"Hiyo-chan..."  Naruto looks back at the door, fooled by the false lead.  "But that's where-"

"Naruto, it's a force field illusion created by Genjutsu," Sasuke helpfully butts in.  "Our business is on the third floor, not here."

Hiyori deadpans.  "Why did you say that out loud?  We could have had less opponents if we just walked away."

Naruto looks at Hiyori and then Sasuke, understanding starts to dawn on him.  For a second he just stood there, then he nods.  "Yeah we could have won dattebayo."  Unfortunately, his wise words of wisdom were sadly ignored, as everyone was focused on the scene occuring at the door instead of him.

While Naruto was starting to register that their team could have won if Sasuke hadn't opened his fat mouth, the door illusion disappeared as one of the ninjas blocking the door smirks.  "Hey, not bad... but seeing through it isn't ENOUGH!!" On the last word, he tries to kick Sasuke (who had already noticed what was going on and was about to kick back) but the boy who was pushed over earlier grabs their legs in the midair, effectively halting both their plans to kick the other.  Hiyori, who hadn't really been paying attention up until now (Sasuke versus mystery boy?  Is that even a competition?), gave a start.  She knew Sasuke's abilities, and was surprised to see how strong this boy was.  The boy abruptly lets go and Hiyori subtly looks him up and down, sizing him up.  He had shaggy black hair done up in a bowl cut (probably with the same bowl he ate ramen out of), a green jumpsuit, orange leg warmers, and a red leaf village ninja headband around his waist.  And... 'mother of all that is holy...' Hiyori's own eyebrows rose as she observed the biggest bushiest pair of facial caterpillars she had ever seen in her life.

Her attention was suddenly diverted by a Hyuga boy wearing a tan battle vest and wrapping over his right appendages, who did not sound happy with Mr. Bushy Brows.  Hiyori realized that the two must be teammates.  "Hey thats not what we agreed!  You're the one who wanted to avoid drawing attention to ourselves!"

"But"  The boy quickly turns towards Sakura.  "My name is Rock Lee- you're Sakura aren't you?"  As Sakura looks at Lee confused (and slightly weirded out), Lee finishes his statement with a wink and a super bright smile (did his teeth actually sparkle or was it a mirage?), which makes Hiyori snort violently.  "Please be my girlfriend, I'll protect you with my life."