Warm Nights

The sounds of the outside world sung throughout the night as I sat on the little couch we had in our front porch, it was nights like this I cherished the most, nights like this are always calming to me. I let the gentle breeze of the air slowly drift into the open windows as I watched the distance highway deal with its typical traffic. "Sun's going down, you coming in soon?" I asked them, they were sitting on the small swing couch on the porch we had there, the wind gently swung them back and forth as I just watched them be silent. "Yeah...maybe...I think..." I watched them and smiled. "Well, its going to get really cold tonight so I don't want you staying out for to long ok?" I watched them as they nodded their head back and forth. "Mhmm, otay." I chuckeld as I walked back inside and turned the TV on, it was still early and the cold wouldn't come here any time soon, I wouldn't be surprised if the cold front missed up at this point.

I could hear the thunder rolling in as I looked out the window to see the dark and cloudy sky, before I knew it the sun was finally resting. I got up and walked outside and pushed up our old wooden door. "You want me to bring you in?" I asked, they only watched the sky, never looking back at me. "If you don't mind." They simply said, I walked past as I stood in front of them and picked them up in my arms. "You're more warm tonight than usual." They said, I laughed a little. "I guess its been a while since I picked you up huh." I walked them inside and laid us both on the couch as I cuddled them. "You feel a little cold, want another blanket?" I asked them, they pulled themselves more into the blanket as they rested on my chest. "No." They said softly. I chuckled a little. "Hey, you're a little cold, let me go and get you another blanket at least." "Mmmm...no." I laughed a little more. "Come on, let me get the blanket on the floor at least, you are really cold."

I felt them nuzzle more into my chest as they grabbed my shirt tighter in their fist. "Noo." "Come on, let me grab the blanket on the floor at least, I promise it will be quick." "No." I chucked a little and patted their head. "Nyo~" They cried. "Baby~" "No." "Baby." "No." "Baby~" "...nyo..." "Come on baby, I still need to make us dinner too." "Nyooo, no getting up, no." I couldn't help but laugh. "Noo~" They cried, I could feel them grabbing me harder as I tried moving. "Nyo! I said no, nyo!" "Hey its going to be fast, I promise, you know I will never lie to you." "No, no getting up, I'm comfy hewe." "Aww, my needy baby." They stayed silent. "No I'm nowt, I'm juwst comfy hewe, no getting up." I took a deep breath in and let out a small sigh. "Fine...we can stay here for a little longer ok?" "Otay." They said as they nuzzled more into my chest, I grabbed them and slowly rocked them back and forth, I looked down at their small cute face as they held their eyes closed rocked them back and forth as I could hear their gentle snores.

As they slept I got up and laid them on the couch, I grabbed the bigger blanket and rolled it over them as they snored, I kissed them on the check as I turned around and quickly made myself a small meal and I let them sleep. I finished my food and washed all the dishes and got back into the living room as I turned one heater on and watched them sleep, the whole time they were so defenseless but I wanted to hear their cute noises more than anything, I turned on one movie and laid back as I slowly drifted to sleep being able to hear my baby the whole night.

As the rays of light poured in I could hear the cries of the birds and animals as I sat up and stretched, I looked over and saw them sleeping there on that couch, I got up and walked over to them. Placing my hand on their forehead and their cheek and neck I could feel how cold they still were, I sighed and threw my big jacket over them and walked away. I threw off all my clothes and stepped into the slightly cold shower as I enjoyed my shower, I always make sure that I barely use any of the hot water, she needs it more anyway. I dried off and walked back into the living room to see them laying there while my jacket and the extra blanket laid on the floor, I sighed and laughed a little but I walked over and threw them over that same sleepy baby on the couch, I smirked while I walked into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. It was only 7 am but I was and always will be the early bird while they'll still be the same sleepy head I fell in love with all those years ago, its crazy to think its already been 9 years when it only feels as if its been a few months since we've known each other. Times is such a crazy one.