Psycho

"Hey Psycho you left your boxers in the laundry machine." "Just throw them in my room, I told you anytime this happens just to do that, I genuinely do not care." "I don't care that you don't! I just don't want you leaving Your nasty boy clothes anywhere!" "Uhm excuse me, who's house is this and who is the one paying for everything including putting you through college?!" "Who's the one taking care of the house so it doesn't look like a fucking pigsty!" "And who's the one who makes most of the house a pigsty!"

This was how our mornings usually went. My name is Luna, I a 28 year old who's currently working on her career as a writer. The guy who you heard me yelling at is Adam aka Psycho. Now what might sound crazy is that me and Psycho go way back, back to middle school actually, we were in the same English and art classes but what was crazier is that Psycho was always an art boy and I was your typical English major. Thanks to us being in the same gym club and being music kids, we naturally became close however we changed in highschool and now you'd think it would be him who changed, it was actually me.

You see Psycho was pretty famous in our town for being the major art kid he was, he'd make statues for some shops, paintings, and even has his own clothing line before he even graduated highschool which only made him even more popular thanks to him having money which naturally made him the famous kid and began the wedge between us. While I wanted us to go back to just naturally hanging out, he was constantly surrounded by everyone, with me being a massive introvert, I found it harder and harder for us just to even talk and then there was when he finally got a girlfriend. Morgan was one of the other popular girls in out school and...what sucks was they made the perfect couple...

Morgan was one of the girls who use to bully me back than for being a more curvy girl than any other girl in our school. My mom and her sisters blossomed very early on in their lives and having natural gray and black hair that made me stand out even more which sucked because sometimes boys would come out from everywhere just...just trying to use me. Adam was the only guy who could look me in the face and explain everything he wanted and more. He was always 100% with me, he'd always tell me what I was doing wrong or just how I was fucking up myself. Being a girl I wasn't always ready to face the real truth of things and would sometimes just want everyone to understand me but Adam would always comfort me and than be real to me, he made me feel safe and even calm whenever I really didn't feel like it.

I was born to a pretty fucked up family, my mom and dad were divorced three months before I was born thanks to my dad being a massive alcoholic and sometimes even hitting my mom, now why he was never turned in was because my mom didn't want me growing up without a dad, sometimes I was thankful for my mom for that but anytime I had to go and stay with him during the weekends was just hell. Adam knew everything I was going through and when I found my dad dead in his apartment, Adam was the first to actually comfort me and even would sometimes stand up for me being the nice guy he was. I never wanted to tell Adam what Morgan would do or say about me sense it looked like he really did like her, I just kept quiet and pushed myself from him further even going a full month without talking to him.

The longest we've gone without talking to each other was only two weeks so when I realized we were going on day 31 was the day he tried to call me, I wanted to answer him as quickly as I could, not wanting to ruin his relationship with the girl who'd bully me in school I just ignored his call and just rolled into a ball in my bed as I just sat there holding onto the stuffed cow plushie he gave me for my 13th birthday, that was when I heard the voicemail he left me.

"Uhh...h-hey Luna, was just...I don't know just calling to see how you've been. I know I haven't been around and I know I'm a dick for that but...I'd like it if we could...maybe like get some coffee or whatever from that one café we hung out at when you got that award for your poems. I mean only if you get the chance, I know you're always working on your English work and your books and poems and stuff so I don't wanna bother you. H-hey listen, I got an art show next Friday and would love it if you could maybe stop by, I'd really like that if you could."