Chapter 9

Hermione's POV

 After I walked away from Tom, I went to try to find Sophie and Sky.  When I found them, they were at the Yule Ball ballot box.  They were putting their names in.  "Hey, Hermione! You should put your name in too!" Sky told me.  Why Not? I thought.  I grabbed the piece of paper she was holding towards me.  Five seconds later my name was in the ballot box with the others.  It was now protected they told me.  Every year they put a spell on it so that one a name is in it can't be taken out.  No one but the spell putter can undo the spell.  "WOW! Some pretty heavy duty stuff for a dance."  I tell them."Oh, I know why Victoria's mad at you!" Sky said as we all walked away."Yeah, yeah tell her! Tell her!"  Sophie chanted."Yeah, tell me!" "So I heard from people, a lot of people that they were going to vote for you if you run. Almost the entire school said so.  Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and also a lot of Slytherins!  You're really cool!"  "So why is she mad at me?" "because every since she got here Vic has been going on and on about how much she's going to win, and now she won't  she doesn't deserve it."I know right!" Sophie agreed."That's why you both wanted me to enter"Yeah you catch on quickly!" "Thanks."We walked outside into the cool, crisp fall air Luke, Hunter, and Jacob came over and joined us."Hey, girls."  Hunter said.We giggled. "Whats so funny?" "Nothing," Sky said, "So we got Hermione here to put her name in the Yule ball ballot box." "Really?" Jacob asked, "We all know you're going to win the crown." "I wouldn't bet on it, look!" Sophie said. "Is that Tom following us?"Yeah. I think it is!" What does he want?" Hunter replied to the question." 'cause that's not freaky at all." Sky joked around. "Do you think that Victoria asked him to follow you?" "What if he was supposed to stop you from putting your name on the ballot?" Jacob asked"Oops too late.  Time to run back the ruler of "oh wait" NOTHING!" I say.  Everyone starts laughing.