Chapter 24

Hermione's POV
   I had walked out while Tom was in the shower, I could hear the water turn off as I ran out quietly. I had to think. Think about my mission. Think about my feelings. I had to get Tom out of my head. I'm not quite sure why he's in there though just 45 minutes ago we were glaring at each other so what could have possibly changed since then?
  Making my way through the halls I see Vic. She's talking to some Hufflepuffs but I can't hear what she's saying, maybe if I get closer I can. I slowly creep towards her but somehow the floor had to creak right then. Of course. Just my luck. Vics head whipped up and to my direction. However I'm a little bit quicker than her. I ducked behind a stature. A weird one, a witch but with one eye. I held my breath as I head her, closing my eyes as I felt her breath next to my face as I tried to be one with the wall behind me. Thankfully she didn't see me and whipped her head away, getting her hair in my mouth, and walked away. I took a few minutes to get my heart rate down and I continued on my walk. Vic and the Hufflepuffs had left thankfully.
   I walked past the library and saw Tom sitting with his boys. They're laughing and I can tell he's just getting madder and madder. It's a little funny to be honest. He has his pouting face on and he's gripping that book like he's gonna tear it apart. I chuckle a little and keep walking. With no designated place in mind I found myself face to face with the Fat Lady. She has a grimace on her face and doesn't say a word to me. I can tell I'm unwelcome. Not unreasonable to be honest. I'm dressed as a Slytherin but I was hoping that I could see that room where I shared so many memories with my friends.

Toms POV
   I saw her pass by, wait for a minute. I saw her laugh and walk away. What was she laughing at though? There was nothing funny happening. Just me being made fun of.
"I'm tired of this" I say as I get up and walk away from the table.

"Wait where are you going" Hunter asks getting up from the floor.

"Anywhere but here"

"Fair enough" Jacob chimes in.

I walk out of the room and start in the direction I saw Hermione leave in. I see her in the distance. Taking random turns and climbing random stairs. Where is she going? We walk for a few minutes more and I see her at the top of a staircase looking at the Gryffindor common room entrance.  What could she possible be doing here? Remembering that I shouldn't care that much I turn to walk away as I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Tom?"
I hear that sweet voice call out my name and it's like I'm frozen where I stand. As I hear her footsteps come faster and closer I did the only sensible thing. I ran.

******** AUTHORS NOTE ********
Soooooooooooo hey everyone. Been a while 😅 I started writing this when I was like 14ish and I just never got around to finishing it but now 4 years later I'm making an update. It's been too long and I'm so sorry about that. I'm not gonna make a false promise and say I'll update more often because I honestly have no clue if I will. Applying for college and trying to finish senior year online is hard but for some reason I felt I needed to write another chapter. So when I can I'll try to. Thank you all for sticking with me. And I know my writing was absolute garbage when I first started but I'm hoping it's gotten better. English was never my strongest subject. But I just really want to thank you all so many times. I never thought my story would be so popular. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please comment and let me know your ideas. I'm far from the end and I could use some inspiration. Thank you again.