Chapter 18

Hermione's POV
It's finally time for the Yule Ball. Sky and I are getting ready keeping the excitement controlled while Sophie is screaming and jumping all over the place.
"Girl calm down," I say smiling.

"I can't! I'm way too excited!"

"Who are you going with Hermione?" Sky asks.
"Luke." I simply reply.
"Really?!"
"Yeah."

On our way to the ball, we see lots of dresses. Fabulous looking couples, beautiful girls, and handsome guys. I spot Luke and walk over to him.
"Hi," I say when he whips around to look at me.
"Hi! Wow, you look amazing!" He replies in a surprised and embarrassed tone. He starts to blush and looks away.
"Let's dance!" I tell him while dragging him by the arm to the dance floor. We made and started to dance. After about 20 minutes of dancing, we decided to grab some drinks.
"I'll get them. Just stay here." Luke tells me before flashing off.
I look around and see Sky and Sophie with their dates. My eyes then wonder to the new couple coming through the door. My mouth drops when I see The Tom Riddle wearing a tie. Victoria heads to get food while Tom winders off to where their table is... he just had to be sat with us.
At the table, there was now, Sky and Sophie with their dates, Tom and Vic, and Luke and I.
"Wow, Tom thanks for ruining the night for me." I mentally say.
"You're looking well tonight, Hermione."
It took me a minute to realize he was talking to me.
"Thanks. Same to you." I awkwardly reply. Luke comes over, hands me a drink and wraps his arm around me. I don't know why but Toms face changes into... anger? I think.