Chapter 10

Hermione's POV

When we all got down to the river side I was surprised to see Professor McGonagall. "Today class, we're going to learn to swim with the mermaids." "How?" a Ravenclaw asked."By transforming ourselves to a mermaid. I need a volunteer." She replied. Everyone stepped back except for me."Thank you, Ms. Burks. Now first you go into the water, take out your wand, and twist your wrist in a circle 3 times to your left. Got it?" "I think so," I replied first I got into the water and then did what she told me to. Three minutes I was swimming deep down, up and broke through the water's surface. I wasn't exactly a mermaid, I had my face and torso, but I had the tail of a mermaid. "YEAH!" Everyone cheered except Victoria and Tom."Good job Ms.Burks." The professor told me.Just then Vic came up. went in the water and did the spell, but she didn't do it fast enough. Three little weird water animals came and pulled her under. I quickly jumped back in and turned. I swam down, down, and down till I saw her again. She wasn't breathing. I took out my wand again and shot the bubble head spell. It hit her and she was suddenly breathing again. I shot up, well down technically, to Vic. I grabbed her from them and brought her up to the surface.