Chapter 20

Tom's POV.

I watch as Hermione leaves the dance. A few minutes later I see a Hufflepuff also leave. He was trying to sneak out but I saw him. Curiosity got the better of me and I followed him. I heard soft sobs coming from the distance, then a quick hello. Hermione, I thought then continued picking up my pace. I heard someone being thrown against something and someone grunt in pain.

I ran down the hall and turned the corner to see the Hufflepuff holding Hermione against the wall with his wand at her throat. He was whispering something in her ear and kissing her on the cheek and trailing down to her collarbone. There was a look of pain on her face and something grew inside of me. My face got hot and I could feel my anger about to over flow.

Hermione's POV.

"Hello, Hermione Burks."

I suddenly stop and turn to the new voice behind me.

"Hello," I say softly.

I turn to see a Hufflepuff with his wand out, next thing I know I'm being pushed up against the wall and his wand is digging into my skin. I feel blood dripping out of a cut on my back, from being scraped up against the cold, stone wall.

"Silencio." The boy whispers in my ear. Then again I hear, "sectumsempra." I scream but nothing comes out.

Suddenly hex's and curses are all being thrown at me.

"Furnunculus, conjunctivitis." My body is now bleeding and I can't see a thing. I feel cold hands rip my dress at my stomach and I hear one last curse before I pass out for good.

"Flagrate."

Toms POV.

I step out of the dark and watch in anger as the boy turns to me and as Hermione's body falls to the ground, blood spilling all around her. I walk towards him with anger clearly written on my face. I drop my wand as he starts to laugh.

I raise my fist, grab him by the top of his suit and make contact with his face multiple times. He drops his wand and leans his head back.

I drop him and run over to Hermione. It looks bad. I pick her up and run to the infirmary. Madam Pomfrey is there and jumps up in horror as she sees my white shirt now a crimson red, soaking and sticking to my fit body.