Chapter 17: The Dawn of Victory

The salient was soft, the Orcs and our army didn't flinch anymore. It is up to two combatants to decide which side is the victor. The representatives that'd clashes swords were me and the Orc of Cataclysm. It appears both sides concluded that the outcome of our battle is the result of the war. The disturbance is closely closing its curtains for the finale. It is up to my talents with Kaijin and Kurobees crafted armaments.

Dashing my feet fastly to the Orc. But as I foresaw, none of my attacks are working. The rapier Flame of Tempest was adequate enough to not crack. But, the reason why my attacks weren't working was the undersupply of force I outputted. He intensely swings his large cleaver directly at me, I was able to dodge multiple slashes but in the end, I suffered slight grazes. There is no telling how fatal the grazes could be If I didn't avoid them. What I am blazing through is swiftness, employing that, I assembled many afterimages produced from ashes. Each of the afterimages encircling the Orc. The Orc paused there for a moment, he must've not expected it. Many after images lunges an attack on the Orc Lord. Just after images, aren't enough. After images are only used to have the Orc occupied moment while I channel my decisive blow. Obviously, this cost a lot to me since my Magic capacity will dwindle drastically with this attack.

The Orc vigorously eliminates my afterimages one after another. Each of them did not even stand a chance. With slashes and leeches attacking the after images. After images dropped like flies in the air. I took a deep breath, I silently poured all of my magic essences into my rapier.

The blade itself turned into a condensed raging light. Due to the thickened flame element implanted in the blade; it became a blade of light... Now..! Golden Flare!!

Running at a great velocity. The rapier burns hot as I move, it has the power to burn everything it touches even the air. I fixated my eyes on its target. Due to the coated Golden Flare, it should increase the power of my rapier swings exponentially. It requires a lot of magic essence but it was how I could cope with the strength I lacked.

Striking my blade, the Orc was able to intercept it with his chopper. Nevertheless, the temperature of the light blade exceeds the million mark. It allows me to pierce right through the cleaver burning even the hardest metal possible. Realizing the temperature of my blade, the Orc immediately let go of his precious cleaver. The cleaver then burned to the ground, it evaporated, the metals in his cleaver melted to their liquid forms.

Now I can say, with this level of power I can stand my toes against the Orc. Seeing I did a number on him, the Orc became ferocious suddenly. Releasing that extensive dose of Demon Lord's Ambition. More horrendous leeches chased me down but they don't stand a chance with my speed. My body whose heated to hundreds of degrees to forcefully boost my acceleration. Full utilization of Heat Acceleration.

Yet... not everything went in as planned. As I was busy dodging every leech I wasn't able to detect the Orc who instantaneously caught me. I misjudged its swiftness, of course, I have the upper hand in speed while I also ought to be constantly mindful that what I am battling right now is a True Demon Lord. Despite its gigantic body, his pace surpassed mine for a split second and allows me to get caught. Darn, I tried getting out of its grasp but in terms of strength I am nowhere getting out. This is the end I thought to myself.

"Kwahahahaha! got you now! Now I'm gonna heat you."

Yeah, definitely my defeat now is assured. This guy exceeded my senses despite I have full Thought Acceleration and Parallel Processing. I glanced aside Shion and the others are coming to the rescue. But, I bet nothing will work.

I tried swinging my blade at him but right, I don't have the strength to land decisive damage.

"Why did you desire to devour everything?"