Chapter 39: The Natural Enemy of Monsters

The day of my departure went by in a flash. My time in Ingrassia is over. And, as much as I wanted to spend time more with the kids, the circumstances just wouldn't let me.

"Sensei are you leaving?"

The one who couldn't help but ask was Chloe. Yuuki allowed the children to at least send me off at the borders of the Ingrassia.

"We can't hold back Rimuru-sensei forever."

"Yeah... the sooner he goes the better, right?"

The other children tried appeasing Chloe, but they also had tears flowing from their eyes.

"Listen up Chloe, Sensei is busy but... after you graduate. I promise I will personally take you in and let you to my beautiful kingdom."

"Kingdom?"

"Yes, a beautiful place where we can all live in comfort and harmony."

As I glance behind Chloe, I saw the other kinds muttering envious noises.

"You guys too."

"You'll come to visit us in the holidays right?"

Alice asked.

"Sure, whenever I'm free... I'll visit you."

"Heh... if that's the case just go home already. I'm sure, you'll cry your ass back to us whenever you miss us."

With Alice's cruel but effective comment. The other children nodded and sway their hands in the air to send me off.

I walk away and bid them all a farewell. I have some distance now but, Chloe runs towards me and hugs me one more time before parting.

When the children couldn't see me now, I change my look again to how I usually look. My hair is also back to silver-blue.

I also left Yuuki a message... Protect the children in my stead, I'll send my Demon butler delegate to start mutual cooperation between Tempest and Freedom of Association.

◇◇◇

I can't believe it... I have such muddled thoughts while I wait for my prey. Raiju declared a war on us, but they didn't send any force. We've come fully prepared for them, but not a single man came from the location frontlines of the battlefield.

Then, another merchant sent me the information I needed for Rimuru Tempest. I thought at first that it was quite obvious I am getting manipulated by both Raiju and third parties. 

I shook my head, at the very least I am fortunate enough to continue this mission. A mission that is connected to my late mentor. As the reports go, there is no doubt about their credibility. Even though the sources looked sketchy and untrustworthy it was on point. Maybe, this is what you call don't judge a book by its cover.

Rimuru Tempest, is in Ingrassia...

We come fully prepared to slay the ruler of the monsters.

Much anti-monster technology has been placed. And because we were dealing with Demon Lord we did not hold back our resources. Eliminating him will be eliminating a threat to the world. Later, when we try to set up these devices a high-ranking Ogre emerged out of nowhere and tried dismantling our technologies. Fortunately, our force is sufficient to deal with such a creature. It was only a body double, and fighting the real body will be more troublesome but it only increases the validity that what we are about to ambush was the Ruler of the Monsters.

And, here is our prey.

Silver-blue hair, and facial features that closely resembled Shizu-sensei.

She walks right into our trap.